Advanced Application Support Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
208 South Rogers Lane
Raleigh, NC 27610, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future
Are you a creative technical problem solver? Are you driven to fix what’s not working or make things work better? If so, our team members are transforming how we support our customers, and we want to include you on the journey.
Be part of a team that supports, configures, and fixes large-scale metering software systems and advanced, electric, “smart” meters within Honeywell’s Smart Energy business. You will be an integral team member that works to keep our many utility customer’s critical metering systems operational and working efficiently. You will also diagnose issues and deliver creative solutions to complex technical problems to achieve high levels of customer happiness.
· Technical customer support via web portal, phone, and email
· Diagnose complex software, hardware, and firmware problems or configuration issues
· Answer customer technical questions regarding electric meter operation, configuration, and firmware programming
· Work with Engineering to seek out problems, drive solutions, and improvements back into products
· Document common solutions, procedures, tips, and tricks in Knowledge Base articles
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
· Minimum 2 year experience in working with solutions involving software
· 5+ years of experience in technical customer support
· Proven successful track record in technical customer support
· Experience working with solutions involving software is highly preferred
· Experience with electricity, gas, water metering and/or electric utilities a plus
· Strong Windows networking experience a plus
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Ability and interest to learn new software quickly
· Excellent team player; self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
· Accustomed to working in an environment driven by high standards for service and system delivery
· Excellent customer communications and customer service skills
· Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for solving problems and obtaining solutions
· Broad technical depth in integration and operation of complex systems
· Experience in business process definition and design to meet overall business objectives
· Understanding of programming logic and the ability to troubleshoot scripts by following code mainly Python, and using SQL queries
· Experience with Oracle databases or Microsoft SQL Server
· Highly adaptable in a dynamic work environment and changing environments
· Experience with Python, Powershell or similar languages to develop or customize scripts
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 208 South Rogers Lane, Raleigh, NC 27610 USA