Advanced Electrical Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
One Firelite Pl
Northford, CT 06472, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Security (HSF) is a strategic business unit within Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT). HSF innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in commercial security products. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge HSF technology all around you: at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
The HBT Regulatory Team has an immediate opportunity for a Sr Electrical Engineer.
- Develop electrical products by studying customer requirements through research considering DFM for materials, assembly and testing methods
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications conducting research while applying knowledge of electronics and materials
- Interface with marketing, HUE and customers to deliver 5-star user experience while bridging gap between customer wants/ needs and what can be designed
- Create specifications, to ensure design and test plans are sufficient to meet functional and quality product requirements
- Work with onsite regulatory group to ensure our products meet or exceed the specified level of compliance
- Creating, interpreting and reviewing electrical schematics
- Produce designs that meet agreed upon financial targets product cost
- Key contributor for innovation, innovative technology and product roadmaps
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of analog and digital circuit knowledge
- 2 years of experience with operate schematic capture and layout programs
- Excellent skills at Electronic Systems design, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Project Management, Quality Focus, analyzing information, Reporting Research Results, Attention to Detail and Emphasizing Excellence
- Extensive experience using diagnostic tools oscilloscope, variac load resistors, AC/DC supplies
- Basic understanding of mechanical and software engineering discipline’s
- Enabler of proficient engineering tools and processes
- Knowledge and use of Cadence and or Mentor schematic capture
- Embedded software knowledge for microcontrollers
- Basic regulatory knowledge of, UL, ULC, FM, FCC, EN, NFPA standards
- EMI radiated and conducted, and transientsnorthford2020
- Category: Engineering
- Location: One Firelite Pl, Northford, CT 06472 USA