Advanced Welding Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
14520 Botts Road
Kansas City, MO 64147, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position will be located in Kansas City, MO***
- Performs Welding Engineering duties to support daily welding operations
- Applies technical engineering skillset to analyze process efficiency, troubleshoot defects, perform quality control functions, and drive cost savings
- Evaluates, applies and develops complex welding specifications in cooperation with the customer
- Develops robust and repeatable joining procedures for high precision components using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Electron Beam Welding (EBW) , Laser Beam Welding (LBW), Resistance Welding, and Vacuum Furnace Brazing
- Presents technical reports and communicates technical directly to customer subject matter experts
- Writes weld qualification reports, weld procedure specifications, and work instructions
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Two (2) or more years of progressive, applied experience in engineering roles in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Materials Science, Aerospace, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited program, or Bachelors of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program
- Master’s degree or PhD in Welding, Metallurgical or Materials Engineering from an ABET
- accredited program/university
- Relevant experience performing welding engineering or similar metal product processing; generally 2 years minimum desired
- Research and development experience in welding processes and/or welding metallurgy
- Technical understanding of stainless steel welding metallurgy
- Experience using and developing weld procedures for EBW, LBW, GTAW, Resistance Welding, and/or Furnace Processes
- Strong desire to drive advancements in welding technology and processes
- Ability to quickly adapt to new processes and materials
- Demonstrated ability to create and edit complex engineering and process equipment software
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.