Blow Molding Process Development Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
115 Tabor Road
Morris Plains, NJ 07950, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Advanced Materials is a global supplier of fluorine products, fine chemicals, additives, metals, films and fibers for products including pharmaceuticals, refrigeration, semiconductors and military protection. Advanced Materials is making the world safer, cleaner and enabling the modernization of a growing middle class by enhancing our customer offerings through a differentiated portfolio of chemistries, materials, value-added solutions and superior customer service. Our mission is to attract, retain and develop diverse and highly motivated, entrepreneurial employees striving to flawlessly deliver superior value to our customers every day.
Honeywell is actively recruiting
for a Blow Molding Process Development Engineer to join the team in Morris
The successful candidate will provide blow molding engineering support to the site molding operations to achieve production volumes at the highest quality and safety. Duties require application of blow molding process engineering principles and practices specifically related to the material processing and design of injection blow molds, process parameter development and optimization, component related defects, trouble shooting, corrective action implementation, process optimization, validation and approval of Injection Blow Molding (IBM), Injection Stretch Blow Molding (ISBM) and Extrusion Blow Molding (EBM) processes and molds.
- Responsible for evaluating material properties, component design and production requirements to identify the appropriate blow molding process technology for the container design and polymer characteristics.
- Identifies and recommends critical equipment components required to correctly process polymer in the appropriate blow molding process
- Conducts preliminary feasibility analysis & proof of concept of prospective blow molding processes to assess probability of success and select the most appropriate process for development.
- Provides input on the design and fabrication of required blow molds.
- Complete process engineering assessment to identify processing challenges, design limitations and corrective actions to support proof of concept development studies.
- Designs, develops and executes DOE’s to evaluate critical process parameters and the relationship to critical quality attributes / and CTQ’s.
- Provides recommendations regarding the technical feasibility of the method or means to resolve diagnosed problems, testing, DOE, and corrective action plans.
- Directs the development and setting of optimum molding parameters to achieve production volume goals at the lowest cost.
- Working with molding technicians, customers and support personnel, improve quality and output of molded components.
- Supervises deployment of operating parameters of molds and processing equipment to maintain adherence to manufacturing tolerances with proficient use of Six Sigma methodologies, TQM and lean manufacturing.
- Coordination with the Mold Manufacturer, Tooling Engineer and mold repair personnel to trouble shoot problem molds.
- Acts as liaison between the site molding operations and HON stakeholders.
- Issues periodic status reports on molds and other related equipment.
- Performs equipment and mold validations to ensure budgeted cost and quality levels are achieved. Prepares required documentation i.e., validation protocols/reports to meet quality system guidelines.
- Coordination with other Engineers and Molding Technologies (R&D) research to improve existing plastic parts and generates appropriate support data to gain approval for recommended changes.
- Assures the quality of training and development of department personnel. This is to include established and emerging technologies alike.
- Helps establish and achieve financial goals and budgets within desired blow molding parameters, assists in setting standard costs for plastic parts and projected capital budget expenditures.
- Leads, plans and coordinates projects to meet quality, productivity and cost objectives consistent with departmental goals.
- Supports mold and press replacement, upgrades, operation and set-up.
- Integrally involved in material changes, trials, testing, etc.
- Supports design, implementation and maintenance of all molding auxiliary equipment.
- Assists in the coordination of debugging and testing of prototypes, production and/or auxiliary equipment.
- Helps establish machine specifications and/or capital budget requests for new equipment.
- Initiate, investigate and develop new ideas, methods, materials and safety improvements.
- Prepare technical reports and charts detailing mold and operational performance in relation to established goals.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree with a focus in Plastics, Molding Technology
- 5+ years' experience in injection blow molding, Injection Stretch Blow Molding and Extrusion blow molding manufacturing operations
- Six Sigma proficiency.
- Design and implement manufacturing processes of components with tight tolerances and quality requirements.
- Establish molding process parameters, validation of equipment/process and appropriate capital funds as necessary
- Requires demonstrated mold, process development, DOE, corrective action and
- Thorough knowledge of the IBM, ISBM and EBM molding process, thermoplastic injection molds, plastic part dimensional requirements, process development and validation procedures
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 USA