Buyer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
6700 W 115th St
Overland Park, KS 66211, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
- Plans and executes the procurement of standard and custom materials and/or services which may be of a technical or specialized nature, or standard items altered or customized to meet specific needs and specifications
- Transactions may require negotiations, typically range up to $100,000, and include regulations not required in commercial purchases
- Develops and executes a procurement strategy that provides the best value and optimizes inventory turns
- Performs all procurement activities and administers purchase orders in conformance with the Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) purchasing procedures and policies by analyzing requisitions and related drawings and specifications; issuing requests for proposals; identifying/selecting suppliers; determining the type of order to be issued; negotiating prices, terms and conditions, and delivery schedules; and placing purchase orders
- Assures product delivery
- Negotiates and communicates delivery schedule changes as necessary
- Negotiates settlements on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations
- Plans, schedules, and reschedules orders utilizing ERP planning recommendations
- Approves supplier invoices for payment when necessary
- Initiates and coordinates discussions between suppliers and respective FM&T departments involving procurement related problems
- Analyzes pricing, production, and inventory trends to assure competent supply sources and economical procurement, and conducts market surveys to identify new sources of supply
- Develops and provides input to the purchased material budget as appropriate to assure commitment or incurrences as required
- Prepares reports as requested by supervision or as required by procedures
- Serves as a full-time member of respective purchased product teams and is involved in the implementation of strategic supplier management concepts
- Travels as necessary
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Department of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Two or more years experience at the Buyer level with consistent achievement of high quality results on assigned responsibilities or equivalent related experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have a working knowledge of purchasing procedures, products, services and strategic supplier management
- IT, HR, and/or Construction buying experience is a plus
- Category: Procurement
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.