Chemical Operator - Level 1 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
8400 Joliet Rd
McCook, IL 60525-1517, US
Integrated Supply Chain
Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
Honeywell McCook, IL facility has immediate opportunities for a Manufacturing Technician in our chemical manufacturing plant UOP, a Honeywell Company, is an international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the research and development of petroleum and petrochemical processing. Our broad objectives center on the continual development and improvement of petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production technology.
- Responsible for the safe operation of your assigned work area
- Expected to train and maintain competency in multiple work areas and stay current with operating procedures
- Participate in safety meetings and processes which will require individual and group tasks to be completed on a routine basis
- Participate in being able to help quickly identify ways to get back to standard production without being interrupted
- Participate in Rapid Problem Solving to help quickly identify ways to get back to standard if production falls short.
- Participate in and drive Continuous Improvement activities or suggestions to help make improvements on quality, cost and delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring that all maintenance and operations work in their assigned area is being performed safely and in accordance with any applicable procedures
- Follow instructions given by Team Lead or Supervisor and help other areas when needed and able
This is a 12-hour rotating shift beginning at 5:00AM and 5:00PM switching every two weeks. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year of forklift experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 8400 Joliet Rd, McCook, IL 60525-1517 USA
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.