Data Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
715 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30308, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT) is a strategic business unit within Honeywell Buildings. HBT innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in commercial fire systems and commercial security products. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge HBT technology all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Experienced Data Engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, you’ll create algorithms and conduct statistical analysis. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. You should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods.
- Analyze Business KPI across different functions Engineering, ISC, Marketing, Finance, and more as needed
- Build data systems and pipelines and Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Dive deep into data to uncover trends, data quality, and data completeness.
- Conduct complex data analysis and Prepare trend analysis and report results to Team
- Utilize statistical modelling techniques where appropriate to drive business decisions
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
- Good Understanding of data structures, data modeling, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience with at least one statistical programming language: Python, R, SAS, Julia (Python Preferred)
- 5 years of experience using SQL with any database
- 2 years of technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Previous experience to work as Data Engineer
- Ability to operate independently and proactively and drive the business forwards
- Intermediate Business modeling skills using Excel or BI Tool
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to deal tactfully, confidently, and ethically with both internal and external customers
- Time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Financial modeling ability
- Basic familiarity with Machine Learning concepts
- Advanced statistical knowledge
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA