DevOps Cloud Principal Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
715 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30308, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Enterprise Services Organization designs, implements and operates a state-of-the-art Information Systems Infrastructure serving around 110,000 employees, in over 900 locations across 65 plus countries. We work with the latest and emerging technologies to deliver scalable, high performing, always available infrastructure services around the world. We deliver services that connect, host, virtualize, store, collaborate, integrate, compute and transact business solutions that utilizes cloud first, automation, analytics, “as a Service”, BIG data and software defined.
As a member of Cloud Computing team, you will be responsible for architecture and design of Honeywell’s Hybrid Cloud service supporting internal and external customers. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter and a change agent with experience and desire to drive organizations to be successful on the cutting-edge Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Private Cloud). You will be asked to provide guidance across data, compute, storage, network, virtualization, containerization and Security and help transform the organizations to take advantage of DevSecOps, CI/CD and agile methodologies.
- Drive and deliver a comprehensive global cloud solution that is leverageable by the entire IT service portfolio.
- Drive the transformation of legacy solutions to contemporary solutions using the Internet, Cloud, XaaS, Open Source, etc.
- Drive the evolution of architectural standards and designs using consistent service standards that are global, agile, scalable and easy to maintain.
- Create compelling business cases around problems, outcomes, risks, benefits and the financial justification required to execute on them.
- Ensure cloud solutions that meet cyber safety, compliance and regulatory requirements of the business.
- Ensure solutions conform to Corporate and Industry standards, are documented, kept current and keep pace with business demands.
- Ensure cloud offerings are highly available, redundant, fault tolerant, diverse and affordable.
- Drive roadmaps and timelines for new cloud capabilities and functionality.
- Ensure an Automate first culture that builds in optimization and automation opportunities from the onset, and accelerates adoption and rollout plans in the existing infrastructure.
- Act as a trusted advisor with businesses, internal teams, supplier partners, end-users, and solution providers to ensure processes and tools are in place and/or are followed to support the environment and meet business needs.
- Conduct POCs and Cloud placement/Cloud fit studies to help organization to make better business decisions in leveraging Cloud technologies.
- Enhance Honeywell’s Cloud Center of Excellence by defining and governing architectural standards/principles, global product security guidelines, cloud governance.
- Stay current with IaaS & PaaS trends and research and implement containerization of cloud offerings.
- Actively facilitate and drive Cloud technology decisions within the organization and drive "Cloud First" strategy.
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS Degree required.
- 9+ years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (compute, storage, platforms, data, and security).
- 3+ years designing and managing Private cloud infrastructures using VMware technologies (ESX, vSphere, vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestration and NSX).
- 3+ years designing and managing Public/Private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS) (including Control Tower/Landing Zone, Config, Systems Manager, IAM Custom Roles/Cross Account Roles, IAM custom Policy, EC2, S3, Cloud Front, Elastic File System, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Red shift, EMR and IAM).
- 3+ years designing and managing Public/Private cloud infrastructures using Microsoft Azure (including Blueprints, Azure Policy, Azure Custom Roles, Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Azure CDN, Azure File Storage, Azure SQL DB, VNet, Express Route, Azure DNS, Application Insights, Azure Monitor, Resource Manager, VM Extensions, Azure Automation, Azure Active Directory and Role Based Access).
- MS Degree.
- Architecture experience with a proven track-record in implementing large scale cloud environments.
- Hands on experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS and PaaS.
- Hands on experience of fault tolerant cloud-native infrastructure services leveraging API’s, micro-services, containerization, auto-scaling, service orchestration and infrastructure as code deployment models.
- Hands on experience with AWS and Azure operation expertise.
- Experience in drawing architectural diagrams in Visio.
- Microsoft Azure Expert Level Certifications and/or Amazon AWS Professional level Certifications.
- Hands on experience with AWS CloudFormation templates/ Azure ARM Templates and Terraform.
- Strong ability to develop/code solutions to create Honeywell internal customer facing *X as a Service type offerings by utilizing REST APIs (Examples, Service Now, Infoblox, AWS/Azure REST API, etc.) to programmatically deliver complex solutions.
- Strong ability to design and develop scalable automation to quickly and accurate be ran against large enterprise cloud platforms.
- Experience in Azure Stack Hub or AWS Outposts for remote sites is a huge plus.
- Understanding complex routing within Azure / AWS which includes inter region routing with native AWS Network Firewall / Azure Firewall in place for Hub and Spoke network topology designs.
- Experience in working with Enterprise counterparts in Security, Networking, Firewall to both design and deliver future solutions as well as partner to quickly identify RCAs of more complex issues.
- Experience in automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments in Cloud with tools such as: Chef, Ansible, Atlassian Suite (Bamboo, Bitbucket, etc.) to provide a version controlled and regulated promote to prod environment for enacting changes on the Cloud Platforms.
- Experience in implementation and best practices for autoscaling, load balancing and DR/Active Active cloud application architecture models.
- Experience in SSO/Federation and User/Service Principal restrictive RBAC structures and permission control design in Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Working knowledge of config management tools (Chef, Puppet & Ansible) as well as cloud native configuration management tools (AWS Systems Manager, Azure Automation, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, CI/CD, networking, storage, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Thorough understanding of common and complex application architecture designs which include multi-region, cloud native integrations (GRS/LRS storage, native databases,), SSL Certification Management and SSL Termination techniques to provide guidance on industry best practices for high availably and geo-locational redundancy for business critical applications.
- Through understanding of Cloud native, vendor agnostic & cloud ready app development.
- Through understanding on Cloud Governance and Industry Guidelines for secure operating platforms (CIS, NIST 800-191, CMMC, etc.).
- Knowledge of Cloud cost optimization techniques and custom coding for reporting metrics; Experience in one or more automation languages (AWS/Azure CLI (Windows or Linux), Python, Ruby, PowerShell).
- Knowledge of Cloud native containerization solutions (AWS ECS Fargate/EKS Azure AKS).
- Knowledge in cloud monitoring tools, application performance monitoring tools and operational dashboarding.
- Knowledge of AWS Direct Connect / Azure ExpressRoute, AWS Transit Gateway/Azure VNET Peering, Private Link, VPN and other Public Cloud connectivity solutions.
- Knowledge in networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security & firewalls with the ability to troubleshoot and understand the network flow to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent leadership communication, presentational skills, and executive presence.
- Strong influencing, program, and change management skills.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus.
- Creation of resulted-oriented Platform Management Operations Framework and Baseline.
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision.
- Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability.
- Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes.
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Attract, motivate, and develop diverse talent.
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 1300 W Warner Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.