Digital Manufacturing Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
One Firelite Pl
Northford, CT 06472, US
Integrated Supply Chain
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of the manufacturing engineering team responsible for transforming Honeywell’s Fire Systems operations. As a manufacturing engineer overseeing factory digitization and automation, you’ll be leading Honeywell’s IoT transformation. Tasks include justifying, developing and deploying digital factory processes, data flows, and robotics. Hands-on familiarity with manufacturing execution systems (MES) and automation is a plus. This role requires strong project-management skills and a record of implementing manufacturing improvements on-time and on-budget.
- Digital Factory
- Lead implementation of manufacturing execution systems (i.e. Critical Manufacturing) in the electronics assembly factory (including PC board assembly, test, and final assembly).
- Work with cross functional team to develop and manage the MES implementation schedule. Create timed roll-out plan across the factory.
- Develop data collection, analysis, and visualization plan for individual applications. Work with factory cell work leaders to design digital systems that maximize productivity.
- Work with IT to develop the MES system architecture that best supports the factory.
- Lead a cross functional team to deploy the MES across the factory.
- Identify and prioritize automation opportunities, including fixed-automation, robotics, and flexible assembly lines that deliver factory productivity improvements.
- Develop automation projects, including financial justification, and present for management approval.
- Manage automation projects, including capital justification, procurement, and acceptance testing.
- Work closely with factory cell leaders to implement automation projects without impacting daily factory output. Confirm that projects meet productivity goals.
- Work with development programs to ensure that when launched, automation opportunities are maximized.
- Support critical engineering issues in production as required.
- Mentor upcoming engineering talent.
- Support production as required.
· Experience with manufacturing execution system operation and deployment (Critical Manufacturing, Tulip, Ignition, etc.).
· Hands on familiarity with electronics test operations including ICT, FCT and with management and analysis of resulting data.
· Experience with robotics implementation in light assembly, such as screw shooting and pick-and-place applications.
· Hands-on familiarity with automated equipment operation, programming, maintenance and repair.
YOU MUST HAVE
- 2+ years of automation and/or factory digitization experience, with a preference for PC board, electrical assembly, and robotics.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Experience with PC board assembly, electrical assembly, and robotics.
- Hands-on proficiency in troubleshooting problems with automated manufacturing equipment.
- Experience with PLC programming and/or electronics test code programming.
- Fluency in built-in-quality tools (SPC, Cpk, measurement system analysis, etc.) and history of successful application.
- Greenbelt/DFSS/Lean Expert certifications.
- Working familiarity with Minitab or similar statistical applications.
- Working familiarity with SAP.
- Working familiarity with AutoCAD or similar CAD program.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient project management skills
- Good knowledge of automation and electro-mechanical systems.
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: One Firelite Pl, Northford, CT 06472 USA
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.