Director AI/ML Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600
Charlotte, NC 28202, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a global cross-functional Data Science and Machine Learning team that researches, designs, and delivers Learning solutions for the industrial business as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, industrial safety, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a Director for AI/ML Excellence who will define and drive AI and ML execution for the next generation of professional and industrial products. This role will ensure Data, Learning, and Continuous Solution Improvements as well as establish and nurture our existing partners in the AI/ML space. You will work directly with senior leaders from design, marketing, and engineering and be expected to help the organization drive value through AI/ML excellence. You will appropriately prioritize Algorithms, Data Collection, and Enterprise Learning Loops. We will count on you to lead initiatives and represent AI/ML with our internal stakeholders and external customers and to coach and mentor other data scientists and machine learning engineers. You will drive AI/ML strategy, practices, norms, and assets within the organization. As part of a global AI/ML team you will collaborate with data scientists, software engineers, machine learning engineers, and SPS executives to produce the next generation Learning Systems for the SPS portfolio.
· Lead AI/ML strategy, management operating system, and implementation across SPS product categories
· Own quality of Data Collection, Labeling, and Learning Solutions for SPS. Drive Data, Algorithm, and AI/ML design reviews
· Build AI/ML asset libraries used by engineering teams to accelerate prototyping and development of learning systems
· Work with business and functions to decrease barriers in AI/ML implementation as concepts move from idea through offering launch.
· Work with engineering teams to systematically improve AI/ML pipelines.
· Communicate and operationalize AI/ML strategy, practices, norms, and assets to organization.
· Drive awareness of AI/ML internally and externally, including recognition through industry awards.
· Maintain a continued understanding of the marketplace, competition, industry, methods, and relevant trends.
· Matrixed reporting relationship with AI/ML leads in each global business unit to drive excellence and consistency in AI/ML.
· Coach and mentor Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Engineering organization on ability to execute and exceed expectations with learning solutions
YOU MUST HAVE
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field
· 7+ years of experience in Algorithm, Data, and Machine Learning
· Expert in working with rapid prototyping techniques
· Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
· People-management experience in matrixed organizations
· At least 2+ years practical experience in machine learning algorithm development within computer vision domain key areas of interest include any of the following: object detection and segmentation, tracking and recognition, activity recognition, multiple view geometry, 3D computer vision.
· At least 3+ years of experience programming in Python, R, Scala or Java.
· Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field.
· Highly collaborative approach with an ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels in multidisciplinary teams to drive design consensus
· Experience with database management systems, data platforms (e.g. Streaming Data Platform, Kafka, Logstash, Teradata, Hadoop, etc.), and data formats (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, AWS S3, JSON, Redis, neo4j, etc.) for efficient ML feature extraction and data transformations
· Ability to work collaboratively with development/implementation staff through the design and build of new business processes and systems
· A strong understanding of big data concepts and knowledge of big data languages/tools
· Exceptional data science skills, including a strong understanding of statistics, probability, and algorithms that enable you to quickly come up with solutions that combine multiple information streams
· Experience in automation and build infrastructure in large-scale and distributed environment
· Previous experience moving prototypes to production environment and optimizing models in production environment.
· Experience working with remote and global teams
· Ability to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies in support of new concept development.
· Result-driven, positive “can-do” attitude.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 2555 Smallman St, 2nd Fl, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 USA