Director - Project Controls Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
50 E Algonquin Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are seeking to fill a Director of Project Controls. Functionally, the position is responsible for management of all Project Controls Organization (PCO), including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, allocation, administration and professional development. Uniform and consistent deployment of Project Control processes globally and driving key metrics of Project Controls like Estimate of Completion ‘EAC’/Deviations, Change Orders, Reviews, Forecasting, Unbilled, and Project Controls billability are key activities performed by this role. The position actively collaborates and works closely with the Line of Business (LOB) global leaders to implement the organization, work processes, data structures and technology for Project Controls.
· Leads a global Project Planning and Control (PP&C) team in delivering exceptional value to our customers and organization. Drive project and portfolio management excellence in support of the Project Management Organization’s goals. Ensure cross-functional alignment through clear and documented processes and procedures.
· Manages a team of managers and specialists responsible for effective program management to achieve business results for Honeywell. Ensure portfolio program management processes are implemented appropriately.
· Supports Honeywell business and program management leaders to ensure data integrity by enforcing compliance to management operating system and processes.
· Leads Program Planning and Control (PP&C) initiatives, deployment, and implementation consistent with the strategic business and Center of Excellence priorities.
· Lead Change
· Develop employees and manage performance.
· Ensure integration of work processes across regions and CoE groups.
· Recruit, assign and manage global Project Controls resources.
You Must Have
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
· Extensive experience in Project Management or Project Planning and Controls including strong leadership driving change
· Prior knowledge of Global Project Methodology and tools
· Experience leading large teams
· Understanding for Finance (concepts and work processes), Cost risk analysis and contingency management, Cash flow (planned, actual, forecast)
· Leadership experience preferably in an international, multi-site and multicultural business environment
· Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources to arrive at optimal solutions to problems
· Ability to convey a strong sense of urgency and drive resolution of issues to closure
· Experience with supply chain, forecasting, and demand planning
· Willingness to raise standards each year to drive organizational excellence
· Ability to make sound and timely judgments in ambiguous environment
· Track record of improving team performance
· Lead/drive change, and influence/mentor others
· Experience of managing multiple projects,
· Experience with Project Controls Analysis (data, indices, variances, trends, projects), Planning and Integrated scheduling (concepts and work processes).
· Ability to travel up to 25%
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA