EGPWS Principal Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley)
Phoenix, AZ 85027, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in groundbreaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
In this role, you will be the lead software architect for the Next Generation EGPWS, defining how best to leverage existing EGPWS product baselines, Next Gen Platform Software features, Next Gen applications, and new EGPWS development, to create the new EGPWS product.
• Real-time embedded software requirements and design
• Real-time embedded software architecture and coding
• Breakthrough performance improvements in development and re-application costs
• Feature Definition
• Customer Support
• Verification and Validation
• Ability to code in multiple languages
• Analytical skills & software development skills
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• 10+ years of Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) experience
• 10+ years of Real-time embedded software development experience
• Experience with Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) or Terrain Awareness and Warning System (TAWS) or Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS)
• Experience automating lifecycle steps through scripts or other means
• Understanding various software development lifecycle
• Significant relevant experience
• Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communicator
• Wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
• Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
• Business oriented approach to software development
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA