Electrical Engineer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
14520 Botts Road
Kansas City, MO 64147, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
Summary of Duties:
- Cable Product Engineering is seeking an Electrical Engineer II to be responsible for product realization of assigned cable and associated parts, in support of a variety of upper level assemblies
- The engineer must be able to receive drawing requirements and coordinate with a quality engineer, process engineering, manufacturing, design agency engineers, and program management for the manufacturing of assigned parts at the Kansas City Plant
- The position requires the engineer to develop mastery with drawing requirements, specialized processing, manufacturing techniques, and quality functions
- The engineer will coordinate directly with peers and internal counterparts to facilitate product realization, with occasional travel
- The engineer must possess good communication skills and be able to lead and integrate a cross functional team to support the life cycle of the product
- This position is located in Kansas City, MO
You Must Have:
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Two or more years of relevant experience in Electrical or Chemical Engineering or related technical activities, such as manufacturing, inspection processing or tool design
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited Engineering program, or a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program
- Ability to apply design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to routine through moderately complex engineering projects
- Ability to analyze routine to moderately complex engineering designs and specifications to achieve efficient and reliable manufacturing or acceptance processes
- Soldering, assembly and part manufacturing experience
- Advanced degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Currently active Q or Top Secret security clearance
- Ability to work without supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- An open, honest, and team-oriented personality
- Demonstrated technical innovation and problem solving
- Significant experience in a manufacturing or design environment
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.