Electrical Engineer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
6700 W 115th St
Overland Park, KS 66211, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
- Performs and coordinates design, development, evaluation, analysis, and/or product engineering functions on advanced and complex engineering projects; and develops solutions to technical problems specifically assigned or as they arise by applying advanced mathematical, physical science, and engineering technologies
- Assesses process and equipment capabilities and establishes controls
- Specifies, initiates, and coordinates acquisition of manufacturing resources and techniques
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Participates or leads teams to provide input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products and assemblies
- Develops methods and writes detailed instructions and specifications for products in process and development
- Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance
- Provides technical assistance to production and inspection areas
- Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions
- Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology
- Interacts with customers, suppliers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment
- Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified
- Some travel (10-20%) is required
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer or related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution/program is required
- Two or more years of experience in Engineering or related technical activities, such as manufacturing, inspection processing or tool design
- Existing DOE Q-Clearance desirable
- Electrical engineering experience and/or degree highly preferred
- Knowledge of Test Equipment and electrical troubleshooting preferred
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.