Electrical Engineer- Magnetics Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
303 S. Technology Ct.
Broomfield, CO 80021, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell, our outstanding team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop groundbreaking technology by applying their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cyber security and others. When you join our team, you will be working to design and build systems with world leading performance, such as best-in-class environmental controls including, state-of-the-art low and ultra-low temperature cryogenics, electromagnetic environments, mechanical stability and analytics, as integrated systems with complex industrial controls
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Sustainability Technologies team is looking for a highly qualified Electrical Engineer – Magnetics in our Broomfield, CO location with significant experience in design, analysis measurement and/or control of electromagnetic systems. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the physical basis of electrical engineering principles and intimate knowledge of the dynamics present in tightly coupled magnetic, thermal and mechanical systems. State variables may include broad ranges of temperature, pressure, voltage, current, displacement and velocity. Of particular interest for this role is the ability to identify, understand, and isolate design issues.
• Participation high impact projects that makes the world better
• Working in a strong culture of excellence and collaboration
• Opportunity to work in a high performing team environment
• Travel opportunities
• The mindset and management support that empowers and enables you to get the job done
YOU MUST HAVE:
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree
• 5+ years of electromagnetic system development and Design Analysis using FEA that encompasses Stress, Thermal, Motion and Electromagnetics
• 5+ years of working knowledge of the dynamics present in tightly coupled magnetic, thermal and mechanical systems
• Proficiency in computer aided modeling software for solid model creation utilizing tools such as Pro-E /Creo, Solidworks, Comsol, ANSYS Fluent, Windchill or similar
• U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain government security clearance
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
• Practice modeling magnetic field sources including superconducting systems
• Track record of fundamental physical investigations that utilize electromagnetic systems
• Demonstrated Experience in the design , analysis and/or operation of electromagnetic field homogeneity
• Familiarity with High Performance Computing concepts and experience scripting job schedulers for complex simulations and calculations
• Knowledge of optimization theory using standard symbolic and/or numerical toolkits
• Exposure to the design and/or operation cryogenic systems
• Strong organizational & leadership skills, and be good at working and negotiating with customers and partners.
• Initiative to identify and complete tasks with evolving requirements and minimal direction
• Capacity to embrace a culture of teamwork to overcome challenging design tasks while maintaining awareness of individual strengths and weaknesses
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $86,400 - $106,000
For benefits information please visit https://careers.honeywell.com/us/en/honeywell-benefits. Current employees may visit HR Direct.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 303 S. Technology Ct., Broomfield, CO 80021 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.