Electrical Project Engineer II - Post and Parcel Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
9901 Linn Station Road
Louisville, KY 40223, US
Our electrical engineers are a key part of our Post & Parcel project engineering team and are responsible for the coordination and implementation of all electrical components associated with assigned system projects. As project leads, they have responsibility for the timely execution, as well as the technical quality and functionality of the electrical design and implementation of assigned systems and subsystems by following technical specifications and design guidelines.
- Create electrical model drawings, electrical device layout drawings, e-stop drawings, network drawings, including schematic drawings by panel.
- Developing buyout configuration and motor calculation worksheets. Create permit drawings.
- Ordering control panels, electrical field devices, and electrical buyouts.
- Setting up and testing electrical prototypes
- Developing electrical spare parts list and site readiness checklist.
- Setting up electrical networks and Profibus, performing I/O checkout and commissioning, labeling electrical devices, creating electrical punch list for installation, and troubleshooting electrical product issues on site.
- Provide as-built technical documentation.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent combinations of experience and education.
- Willingness to travel 35-40% for customer projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of different material handling systems, including knowledge of controls hardware is a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, by consistently taking the initiative to get things done
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical 2000 or similarly (Promise E-CAD)
- Interest and skill to collaborate with engineering functional teams
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity
- Dexterity to evaluate and recommend technical solutions based on standard or accepted technical practices
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 7901 Innovation Way, Mason, OH 45040 USA