Electronic Maintenance Tech. Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
315 E Stephenson St, Plant 1
Freeport, IL 61032-4353, US
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
- Primary responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance tasks, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical and electronic circuitry and related components associated with the operation of fabricating, assembly, test, and facility equipment.
- Maintain a current knowledge and technical leadership of PLC’s, Robotics, CNC equipment and various types of computer operated control circuitry.
- Ability to interpret and utilize electrical ladder diagrams, electronic schematics, and software programs to modify, repair, or improve equipment functionality.
- Identify, develop, and implement equipment operational improvements that decrease operational cost/downtime and increases quality and efficiency.
- Effectively utilize initiative, self-direction, ingenuity, communication skills, and working relationships with others.
- Individual must be proficient in the repair of a broad variety of equipment; demonstrated by the individual's daily performance to achieve excellence in quality, productivity, and workmanship.
- US Citizen or permanent resident required due to government contracts
- Associate Degree in Electronics or related field
- 5+ years of electrical / electronic repair experience/training in a related manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate proficiency utilizing a personal computer and related data bases including computerized maintenance management systems.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use a variety of tools such as: mechanical hand tools, power tools, electrical/electronic test equipment and calibration equipment.
- Order parts and materials directly from OEMs and distributors by using appropriate Honeywell purchasing requirements.
- Perform work that is not completely documented, standardized, or prescribed including design and re-design of circuitry on new and existing custom equipment, lasers, electronic timing circuits, programmable logic controllers, and solid state circuitry.
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code, and city electrical code.
- Category: Facilities
- Location: 315 E Stephenson St, Plant 1, Freeport, IL 61032-4353 USA
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.