Engineering Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
115 Tabor Road
Morris Plains, NJ 07950, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Advanced Materials is a global supplier of fluorine products, fine chemicals, additives, metals, films and fibers for products including pharmaceuticals, refrigeration, semiconductors and military protection. Advanced Materials is making the world safer, cleaner and enabling the modernization of a growing middle class by enhancing our customer offerings through a differentiated portfolio of chemistries, materials, value-added solutions and superior customer service. Our mission is to attract, retain and develop diverse and highly motivated, entrepreneurial employees striving to flawlessly deliver superior value to our customers every day.
We are recruiting for a Capital Engineering Program Manager with strong leadership experience looking for a new challenge, who will work with a variety of different levels in the company resolving business issues and who can make tough decisions quickly!
· Ensure the safe execution of all projects managed or in assigned areas, while working with appropriate HSE personnel ensuring all government agency requirements i.e., permits, notifications are satisfied
· Manage the execution of capital investments through their entire life cycles in areas assigned, including prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation while following 6-Sigma and DFSS methodologies and integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant Customers
· Working knowledge of capital project management process, including FEED requirements and stage gate processes
· Work closely with the business finance and site controller to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed projects and manage the overall effort leading to an approved Appropriation Request (AR)
· Manage a few larger investments simultaneously at various AM sites
· Prepare bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment and services
· Prepare and issue work packages to construction
· Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR both managed and in areas assigned Working knowledge of Project Controls Estimating, Scheduling, and Cost Control
· Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis
· Interface with key site and company personnel to make maximum use of available resources. Such functions will include, but not limited to, site engineering resources, purchasing, operations, systems, and business engineering, as well as equipment vendors, firms. Participate in Area Leadership Team meetings in areas assigned as the representative for Project Engineering
· Handle necessary eMOC items in areas assigned and PSSR requirements on projects assigned.
· Oversee appropriate maintenance and records of all drawings, specifications, programs, and other documentation for such managed projects
· Provide support for the Business Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan and the Six Sigma Initiatives in order to develop appropriate capital plans/budgets.
· Advocate for strong safety awareness program with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings
· Mentor younger Project Managers and Engineers
· Anticipated travel – 50%+ as required by project(s)The future is what you make it!
You Must Have
· BS degree in Engineering required
· Experience project managing capital projects > $20 million
· 10+ years’ experience of increasingly related responsibilities in the capital project management and execution process
· MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
· Prior chemical or industrial plant experience
· Experience in the management of financial budgets, projects, troubleshooting, team building, and overall leadership sought.
· Customer Focused – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
· Technical – Understands engineering and project management principles with experience in the use of SAP, MS Project, other MS Office Suite of products, and Primavera
· Agent for Change – not satisfied with the status quo, willing to take strong and effective action to effectively manage capital investments and committed to continuous improvement recommend and develop innovative processes
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Self-starter, results driven, anticipates and implements solutions
· Strong people leadership, including mentoring and coaching skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong working knowledge of chemical plant operations and processes
· Track record of successfully managing a magnitude of investments
· Six Sigma Greenbelt (or Blackbelt) certification or equivalent experience implementing productivity continuous improvement projects
· Formal training and certification as a Project Management Professional
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 USA