Field Service Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
830 E Arapaho Rd
Richardson, TX 75081, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Honeywell Process Solutions is a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas; refining; energy; pulp and paper; industrial power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; biofuels; life sciences; and metals, minerals, and mining industries. A leader in digitization, Honeywell delivers software and services that help customers overcome competitive pressures and uncertain market conditions to achieve game-changing business outcomes. Honeywell’s comprehensive portfolio in process control, monitoring, and safety systems and instrumentation provides optimized operations and maintenance efficiencies to meet diverse automation needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Field Service Support for Honeywell HPS applications and products at customer locations. You will be the primary face of Honeywell for the customer in this role responsible for the daily implementation, administration and troubleshooting of the Honeywell HPS products installed at the customer location. You will be required to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with customer representative as well as provide first response technical support. You will work with the Field Services Manager and LSS business functions to maintain and grow the business by identifying customer needs and provided solutions based on the HPS suite of products and services.
- DCS Maintenance including
- Hardware Components
- Software Components
- Field Troubleshooting of common IO and Loop Problems
- Field Troubleshooting of End Devices
- Adding and Deletion of TAGS/Points
- Adding and Modifying Logic as per standard
- Working with voltages up to 11VAC and 40VDC
- Troubleshooting Network Connections of Ethernet and Coaxial Cabling
- Modifying and editing HMI Graphics
- Focal Point for Honeywell with the customer on providing technical solutions
YOU MUST HAVE
- Diploma / Certificate in Control Systems or Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences.
- At least 5 years prior field experience in supporting DCS, SCADA and PCN system in the Oil & Gas Environment.
- Knowledge of Open Systems such as Microcomputers and Networking Technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, must be able to clearly articulate messages both technical and non-technical.
Experience & Training in Honeywell Applications will be an asset such as, TPS / PMIO. EPKS / Series C. Advanced Applications (PHD, Dynamo etc.), Safety Systems (FSC/SM), SCADA (PLCs, Ladder Logic etc.)
- Experience with Network equipment such as Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Switch firmware / Cisco IOS
- Experience with Virtualization and VMWare applications
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems, Windows Server and Desktop
- Be self-motivated and willing to work in demanding environments with little or no supervision and take initiative to be proactive
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 830 E Arapaho Rd, Richardson, TX 75081 USA