Fire Alarm Service Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
135 W Forest Hill Ave
Oak Creek, WI 53154, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Achieves successful on-site installation, servicing and repair processes of complex equipment and systems without direct supervision. You will follow detailed work instructions and amend any outdated or incorrect instructions with help of Engineering teams. You will make improvements to training guides and documentation. You will achieve continuous improvement initiatives in the field to quickly fix any administrative difficulties relating to delivery and installation of proper equipment. You will train the customer on proper usage, troubleshooting, and basic repair procedures for complex equipment. You will represent Honeywell at industry conferences and provide technical presentations.
Honeywell is currently seeking a Fire Alarm Service Technician. This position requires the ability to service, repair, replace Fire Alarm products and inspect Fire Alarm systems for established and new customers on a scheduled basis. Primary Job duties include, but are not limited to, servicing, inspecting, and testing alarm systems to the NFPA72 standards and provide all completed documentation, occasionally performing on-site emergency troubleshooting, and repairing of our customers fire alarm systems. This position will receive continued training on industry-leading fire alarm systems and fire suppression equipment. Duties may also include the installation of fire alarm systems.
- Assist in Installation and programming of Honeywell Fire alarm systems.
- Positive Customer facing interactions with each customer.
- Service and/or Repair fire alarm systems.
- Provide Customer Support.
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of fire experience (technology and/or programming).
- Current valid drivers license is required.
- Nicet Level 1 or higher certification.
- Candidates should have the knowledge of basic building codes and other processes needed to perform daily duties.
- Project management experience.
- Previous industry experience.
- Previous technical/installation experience.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Lift at least 50 lbs. and crawl into tight or awkward spaces.
- Able to climb ladders and use lifts.
- Ability to be available on call when scheduled and occasional overtime required for unscheduled service needs.
- Ability to follow instructions and identify mistakes.
- Bachelor degree or technical/professional certificate.
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 135 W Forest Hill Ave, Oak Creek, WI 53154 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.