General Manager - General Safety Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600
Charlotte, NC 28202, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is currently recruiting a high-caliber, seasoned general manager to own our General Safety line of business within PPE. Successful candidates will have a track record of establishing the strategy and execution growth plans within product category. The candidate must be able to lay a strong foundation for excellence in commercial and operational performance, and consistently deliver strong top-line revenue and EBITDA. The ideal candidate must have proven ability to maximize revenue and profitability objectives including sales, operating income, and cash. S/he will have direct responsibility for employees in the Product Management function and indirect responsibility for Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain and other cross-functional areas. In this role, you will drive key metrics including pricing performance, delivery performance, and inventory performance. You will develop marketplace opportunities, lead sales pursuits, oversee internal processes, and provide leadership in the achievement of common goals. Strong partnerships with key customers and suppliers are critical. The GM must also ensure a safe and engaged workforce and highly satisfied customers.
- Own the global P&L for the General Safety business and deliver on top line revenue and EBITDA.
- Accelerate the growth of General Safety business within the Personal Protective Equipment business. Own, develop and drive the General Safety strategic plan that will drive our overall recapture of market share
- Focus on building robust management operating system that establishes efficient processes and enhances operational productivity, cost management and profitability.
- Lead Marketing and Offering Management to define branding and market penetration strategies and to enhance market demand of offerings and solutions across the General Safety segment
- Define and execute the product and technology roadmap to serve the unique needs of the General Safety industry customers in a differentiated way.
- Drive operations, sourcing, finance functions to a common vision and deliver best-in-class performance on-time delivery, quality and service that exceed customer expectations.
- Work with Business Development and M&A teams to create a pipeline of potential target companies or strategic partnerships or acquisitions.
- Attract and develop a top talent pool that drives the growth of this business. Partner with HR to build the talent roadmap, improve the current structure and create capability.
- Ensure the organization’s activities comply with Honeywell code of conduct, all quality and regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, and business ethics.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in industrial segment
- 5+ years in Sales and/or Operations and P&L management roles
- Experience with General Safety consumable products, worker safety products
- MBA preferred
- Successful track record of market turnarounds
- Experience in procurement contract decisions
- Proven success in leading strategic planning, growth initiatives, and business operations
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, making sound decisions and working effectively with cross-functional and international teams
- Strong ability to influence peer group, ability to forge solid relationships and manage across a broad and geographically dispersed business and teams
- Some business development background
- Demonstrate Honeywell 9 Behaviors
- Category: General Management
- Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600, Charlotte, NC 28202 USA