IT Project Management Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
6700 W 115th St
Overland Park, KS 66211, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position will be located in Kansas City, MO***
As Network Analyst, you will collaborate with senior network personnel to provide network infrastructure that is available, stable, and secure. This includes the evaluation, design, selection, purchase, installation, configuration and maintenance of network systems, hardware and software. This position is responsible for leading small projects for network design, development, integration and/or enhancement. Networks consist of LAN, WAN, SAN, WLAN, VoIP, RF and associated communications systems.
• Configure, manage and monitor daily network operations to maintain and increase network effectiveness
• Troubleshoot network related issues
• Works with cyber security to maintain and monitor system security measures as well as assisting with computer security plans and documentation
• Remains aware of cyber security issues by maintaining and monitoring innovative technical solutions
• Maintain and operate complex firewall configurations and policies
• Helps troubleshooting efforts related to ISP connectivity
• Proactively identify and help resolve issues before they become critical
• Remain aware of advances and current thinking in their areas of responsibility and looks for ways to apply latest technologies for improvement to network effectiveness
• Participates in incident management, asset management, change management and continuous improvement of network systems
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established
• HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public and the environment.
• Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified as every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
You Must Have:
• U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” level security clearance
• 2 years of demonstrated experience with configuration, installation and operational support of networking components such as routers, switches, wireless access points, load balancers and firewalls
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Physical Science with a minimum of 30 semester hours of computer related courses or 4 years equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated experience with ethernet, VPN (IPSec and SSL), VoIP, wireless, internet, TCP/IP and network traffic analysis via packet capture tools
• Demonstrated experience with network management troubleshooting and monitoring tools
• Demonstrated experience with and understanding of cyber security concepts
• Demonstrated experience planning and executing small infrastructure projects including the design, selection, purchase, testing, installation and documentation of network systems
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining network diagrams/documentation
• Demonstrated experience scripting or knowledge of programming fundamentals
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.