Lead Chemical Process Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
115 Tabor Road
Morris Plains, NJ 07950, US
Integrated Supply Chain
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Use your knowledge of chemical process engineering fundamentals to help Honeywell Advanced Materials (AM) deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will work alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation of AM products by designing, testing and/or validating products from prototype to market. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise and ensure the success of engineering projects and programs.
· Support Pre-FEED and FEED development for projects including process scope and design solutions for growth projects for the AM business including the Spectra business, high molecular weight polyethylene fiber and shield armor.
· Identify and mitigate technical and process safety risks during design.
· Develop process models, heat and material balances, process flow diagrams, piping & instrumentation diagrams, basic control schemes, equipment specifications and plant layout.
· Provide on-site technical support during project construction, commissioning, startup and product trials.
· Identify and evaluate process alternatives during design and justify process improvements with economic evaluations.
· Develop expertise with process chemistry and unit operations to enable scale-up of laboratory and pilot data to commercial design.
· Work with manufacturing sites to develop and implement productivity projects, demonstrated knowledge of engineering techniques to optimize manufacturing processes.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
· 10 years Process Engineering experience in an industrial manufacturing sector and experience with project development
· Significant experience with polymer fiber and film production and/or new process development
· Significant experience in process design & start-up on large capital projects $10M-$100M
· Experience with developing cost effective project scopes and justifying project value
· Excellent team facilitation skills leading cross-functional teams with manufacturing, technology and business representatives
· Ability to focus on important information and identify key details
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of engineering techniques to optimize manufacturing processes
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work without guidance or supervision
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 USA