Lead Field Service Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
2101 CityWest Blvd
Houston, TX, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Process Solutions is a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas; refining; energy; pulp and paper; industrial power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; biofuels; life sciences; and metals, minerals, and mining industries. A leader in digitization, Honeywell delivers software and services that help customers overcome competitive pressures and uncertain market conditions to achieve game-changing business outcomes. Honeywell’s comprehensive portfolio in process control, monitoring, and safety systems and instrumentation provides optimized operations and maintenance efficiencies to meet diverse automation needs.
Leads successful on-site installation, servicing and repair processes of complex equipment and systems without direct supervision. You will follow detailed work instructions and amend any outdated or incorrect instructions with help of Engineering teams. You will make improvements to training guides and documentation. You will lead continuous improvement initiatives in the field to quickly fix any administrative difficulties relating to delivery and installation of proper equipment. You will train the customer on proper usage, troubleshooting, and basic repair procedures for complex equipment. You will represent Honeywell at industry conferences and provide technical presentations.
• Manage and conduct start-ups, commissioning, and trouble-shooting of combustion systems.
• Perform instrument loop checks.
• Perform system safety checks.
• Conduct on-site customer training.
• Maintain daily paperwork requirements, such as daily job time records, service reports, expense reports and billing information.
• Make all travel arrangements including air travel, hotel and car rental.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
• Strict adherence to quality standards and ability to inspect products to ensure they meet customer requirements and company standards
• Able to follow all company and client safety rules and policies.
• Ability to occasionally lift 50-60 lbs.
• Ability to walk up and down stairs, work on top of furnaces, and climb vertical ladders.
• Ability to use basic hand tools and electrical test equipment.
• Ability to work in all types of conditions. The working conditions vary, but are typical industrial plant environments.
• Conditions may be hot, cold, noisy, dusty, indoors or outdoors and may require wearing various types of PPE.
• Ability to travel up to 75%. Majority of travel will be within the Continental U.S., but occasional international travel will be required.
• Typical assignment length ranging from one day to three weeks.
• Extended stay jobs are possible.
• Work weekends and holidays as necessary; typically 45 – 48 hr work week with some extended hours required due to customer requirements.
• Flexible; can handle schedule changes at a moment’s notice.
Key Behavioral Traits For Success
• Commitment to Task: Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; give dedication to the position; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
• Communication: Able to clearly request or present information through spoken or written word; read and interpret required information; communicate effectively with internal customers; listen well.
• Decision Making & Problem Solving: Able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason with a variety of topics and situations; review facts and weigh options with a strong attention to detail.
• Policies, Processes, & Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to company standards.
• Integrity: Deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, accountable for actions, maintaining confidentiality and supporting company values.
***Will be working nationwide travelling to customer sites. This is a first shift position, however, if there is a situation arise with the equipment may need to work night shift or evening to respond to urgent situations.
YOU MUST HAVE
• High School Diploma, or GED.
• 5 years of experience servicing customers in the field with combustion, HVAC, or boiler.
• Due to security reasons, must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Previous industry experience
• Previous technical/installation experience
• Previous customer service experience
• Bachelor degree or technical/professional certificate
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 2101 CityWest Blvd, Houston, TX USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.