Lead Software Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
715 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30308, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Honeywell International Inc. is a Fortune 100 industrial technology company that makes a variety of commercial and consumer solutions, engineering services and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers, from private consumers to major corporations and governments. The company operates four business units, known as Strategic Business Units – Honeywell Aerospace, Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT), Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS), and Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT).
HONEYWELL CONNECTED ENTERPRISE (HCE)
We are building a smarter, safer and more sustainable world. That’s the power of Connected. That’s the power of Honeywell. Our company invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization.
We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve buildings, factories, utilities and aircraft and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
The Lead Architect Software Engineering, is a high-impact technology role responsible for the overall vision for software including conceptualization, design, build, launch and performance of the Forge Cloud Platform Services within the Honeywell Connected Enterprise. Critical to the success of this role is the candidate’s ability to understand the products and services of Honeywell Connected Enterprise Applications (e.g., their end-user’s needs, key business issues), and the ability to translate these business requirements into shared services or common platform services, ensuring that concepts get fully executed into product offerings that achieve a defined business outcome.
The Lead Architect Software Engineering job includes responsibility for the design & architecture of software solutions for Enterprise SaaS Applications & coordination with the Global Engineering Teams located in Atlanta (US) & Bangalore (IND). The emphasis of the job is on both improving existing Platform Cloud Services (like IoT Platforn, Unified Operating Model, AI/ML, Common UI library, Identity & Access etc) & also of new cloud services and solutions in a platform common to HCE.
The ideal candidate will have a broad experience which includes engineering R&D, software development, application development and middleware, cloud/platform computing, software as a service (SaaS)
· General Functional skills will include: business management acumen, experience in product development & management with the technical depth to marry both engineering and product development process, the entrepreneurial mindset to creatively solve engineering challenges and the negotiation and collaboration skills required to work with others effectively in an agile environment.
· Technical management skills will include: knowledge of the Internet of Things (IOT) technology stack including connectivity protocols, software technologies like Hadoop, Kubernetes, Kong, Dremio, etc., time series databases, public cloud platforms such as MSFT Azure, big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, predictive analytics, asset and performance management, and working knowledge of DevSecOps principles including CI/CD.
· Prior experience delivering multi-tenant Internet of Things (IoT) SaaS solutions. Experience with industrial analytics solutions is desired. Experience with portfolio modernization is strongly desired.
· Prior experience delivering B2B solutions to challenging customers. Experience improving TTV and driving measurable reductions in customer project implementation costs through development of templatized configurations and evolution from customization to configuration.
· Cultural & Diversity skills will include: experiences in building a diverse workforce. Our teams live by its ‘teach and learn’ mantra. We value our more seasoned engineers because they bring additional value to our company by using their years of experience to guide the next generation. We also continue to support their professional development by paying for conferences, advanced degrees, and involvement in local and national organizations. Honeywell has a strategic goal to make our company stronger and work better by growing diversity. Although we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, we especially encourage women and other groups underrepresented in technology.
The Lead Architect Software Engineering will have a broad set of responsibilities that will encompass the following:
· Work with architects responsible for design, development, testing and delivery of an enterprise class cloud native offerings using agile development methodologies. The expectation is that the candidate is hands-on & contributes code/design work
· Create an Internet of Things (IoT) and advanced analytics offering that leverages IT and OT data that enables customers to improve their productivity, performance, reliability, and safety
· Drive growth and innovation within a culture of technology, research, development and engineering functions by facilitating an environment of teamwork and desire to be the best.
· Collaborate and partner with Product Management and other organizations to plan and execute development projects, and to ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver projects on an aggressive, but achievable timeline
· Engage with customers/prospects with unique ability to create partnerships over contractual relationships
· Drive culture of continuous process improvement and innovation through leadership skills. Oversee the process and culture change from waterfall model to agile development methodologies
· Drive financial performance by meeting expense and capital budgets as well as developing budgets to fund growth programs supporting business goals.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ Years of Software Design & Development Experience
- 3+ Years as an Architect building Enterprise Software products
- In depth knowledge of Open-Source Tools and latest technology trends
- Full understanding of SDLC/Agile
- Masters or Ph.D. in Engineering or Computer Science
- Azure (or any cloud) knowledge
- Industrial Software Experience
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA