M&A Director Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
2101 CityWest Blvd
Houston, TX, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE: HON) invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world’s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization. The company is uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Honeywell's solutions enhance the quality of life for people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries. As a Fortune 100 company with approximately $36B in revenue and 170% total share-owner return over the last five years, Honeywell has established a track record of top tier financial performance.
Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) is one of five Strategic Business Groups within Honeywell. At PMT we develop advance materials, process technologies, automation solutions, and industrial software that are revolutionizing industries around the world. Industrial manufacturers and producers rely on Honeywell expertise in Connected Plant, technologies and advanced materials to improve performance and business results. One of the keys to Honeywell’s success is its creation of strategic platforms via M&A, with sustainable competitive advantages and leadership positions in attractive markets. Honeywell continues to evolve its portfolio and is seeking an exceptional candidate to be a key part of Honeywell’s transformation into the world’s leading software-industrial company.
The key responsibility for this role will be to drive PMT’s inorganic growth through smart capital allocation to M&A, JVs, partnerships and alliances. The right candidate will have significant M&A experience from ideation and origination through post-close integration across several of the following sectors: industrial, healthcare, renewables and industrial software/IIoT while at a corporate, investment bank, or management consulting firm or a similar background. Proven experience with strategic and inorganic growth in the industry/business segment focus area of deal origination is critical[DM1] . The Director, PMT Corporate Development and M&A will have had significant direct leadership experience in transaction processes including origination, project management, deal structuring, valuation, due diligence, negotiation and integration as well as a proven track record in FULL deal cycle from sourcing to post-close integration. This role will report to the VP, Corporate Development and Global Head of M&A for PMT and have direct regular exposure to the PMT CEO and the PMT Leadership Team.
- Business development, strategic deal structuring, including mergers, acquisitions, alliances, partners & ideally experience acquiring or partnering with tech/software companies
- Support VP, PMT Corporate Development & Global Head of M&A in building a world-class M&A Program through process excellence and by developing and maintaining a robust pipeline that converts to support the Honeywell vision of inorganic growth. Monitor the M&A and competitive landscape to help business segments and PMT identify and prioritize appropriate opportunities, including through tracking of public companies and interaction with investment bankers and other sources of opportunities.
- Lead cultivation of selected acquisition targets within served and adjacent markets. Oversee and manage due diligence and integration planning and execution in close coordination and cooperation with the acquiring business unit; oversee valuation and negotiations with primary governance over the same.
- Support the development and screening of potential transactions from internal and external “deal sources” and from his/her own strategic market and technical research and in collaboration with SBU BD resources. Provide thought leadership with regard to “strategic fit”, oversee valuation and due diligence efforts and lead negotiation strategy and tactics with all proposed acquisition targets based on deep knowledge of targets and relationships pursued.
- Think creatively about markets and adjacencies in which Honeywell plays and recommend attractive business areas where it can acquire an established business with similar or adjacent products which will accelerate Honeywell’s growth
- Make intelligent risk/reward assessments based on well-informed analysis and strategies to mitigate deal risk.
- Advise senior management of the merits of specific investment opportunities based on thorough analysis and evaluation in the context of Honeywell’s over-arching strategic priorities.
- Ensure Honeywell M&A policies and procedures are complied with at all times and provide periodic training on the same. Facilitate Corporate approval process for all deals.
- Candidate must be able to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 25-50%.
- This position provides an attractive competitive compensation package based on background and experience consisting of a base salary and annual incentive bonus.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 8 years of M&A leadership experience within a corporation, investment bank, Big 4 transaction services and/or management consulting firm or a similar background with demonstrated results in leading and achieving strategic, inorganic growth for organizations and clients.
- Experience in vertical markets of Renewable Energy, Life Science, Recycling and Aftermarket/Software-Enabled Services.
experience executing M&A transactions (both acquisitions and divestitures)
from start to finish, utilizing strong financial capabilities and project
management skills - ten or more
completed transactions in a first chair capacity.
- Proven leader able to operate and function on a global basis.
- Solid experience analyzing M&A targets, including strategic fit, due diligence and valuation.
- Comfort in managing and influencing a ‘hybrid’ global organization with both direct and matrixed reporting
- Strong business acumen and learning agility to quickly comprehend Honeywell business models, software, technologies, products, services, solutions offered and strategic plans for growth.
- Very high intelligence, curiosity, initiative and highly disciplined.
Solid experience analyzing M&A targets, including strategic fit, due diligence and valuation.
- Familiarity with typical legal and economic terms of M&A transactions and various alternative approaches to risk allocation.
- Strong personal organization and prioritization skills; ability to successfully manage large, complex projects from inception to conclusion, involving diverse, cross-functional teams
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills – with the ability to build, critique and refine financial models quickly and accurately. Be the expert on the numbers and change “altitude” deftly – i.e., go from details to big picture and back.
- Strong judgment, leadership and influencing skills to provide impetus to “get deals done” within realistic time frames and profitable parameters, while at the same time ensuring a fair and well-thought-out presentation to Senior Corporate Leadership.
- Category: Business Development
- Location: 2101 CityWest Blvd, Houston, TX USA