M&V Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
65 Shawmut Rd
Canton, MA 02021, US
Improve business and family comfort, protection and productivity
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable, and cost-efficient, and is a leading providing of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security, and energy management.
It's an exciting time to join Honeywell. This is a great position to showcase your talents in a highly visible role.
· Manage to technical, financial (e.g., delivered cost avoidance and project gross margin) and contractual targets for your M&V portfolio of accounts including project management of deliverables and scheduling & financial coordination of local and remote global resources.
· Develop & implement Measurement & Verification (M&V) plans for ESPC projects.
· Provide M&V support to the sales & engineering development team during HBS response to RFPs/RPQs for ESPCs.
· Help estimate M&V costs for different phases of performance contracts.
· Review bid packages & submittals for quality assurance and making sure that M&V requirements are properly identified.
· Coordinate M&V activities with Energy Analyst (EA), M&V Risk Specialist, Solution Development Engineer (SDE), Project Construction Manager (PM), design and commissioning engineers during proposal, energy audit, design, construction & commissioning and performance periods.
· Interface with Energy Engineers for reviews of baselines, design intent and savings calculations.
· Review, analyze and manage Energy Analysis by others including utility bill accounting, GHG inventory, end-use analysis and tariff modeling. Advise or perform the aforementioned as needed.
· Participate in data collection and performance verification of baseline and retrofitted equipment.
· Conduct spot measurements and short-term data collection during the ESPC lifecycle as required.
· Review building or campus energy systems baselines and develop baseline adjustments based on site reviews.
· Analyze energy management control system’s operation, sequences and trend data for system optimization and compliance to the M&V plan.
· Make recommendations to Sales, SDE and PM teams for improved customer support; assist in contract retention strategies.
· Perform on-site trouble shooting and data logging to validate and correct project performance.
· Determine and forecast shortfall payouts. Notify stakeholders of potential savings shortfall, coordinate form of guarantee shortfall makeup, and closeout customer receipt/acceptance of annual performance period. Assist in any shortfall mitigation activities.
· Maintain all customer records related to energy performance contracts.
· Prepare savings performance analysis, reporting and/or presentations for customers. Educate customer on the results.
· Prepare customer Meeting Reports to document all agreements and needed actions.
· Resolve customer issues and avoid litigation through problem resolution and negotiation.
· Active participation in process improvement initiatives.
· Perform the assigned duties with minimal supervision, but also work in a team problem-solving environment.
· This position will have diverse accountability for multiple customers at various locations.
· This position will require travel 30% of the time.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 3 years of HVAC &/or Building Controls &/or ESPC experience, or, in lieu of a college degree, 2 year technical degree and 5 years of similar experience, or, in lieu of a degree, 7 years on site, hands on, engineering, operations or troubleshooting experience for controls systems or HVAC equipment.
· Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) is required, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is desirable.
· 3 years' experience in engineering and energy savings calculations for performance contracting.
· 3 years' knowledge and practice of M&V protocols and guidelines (like FEMP and IPMVP).
· 3 years working with Microsoft Office software.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel including layout for shared use and computational functions.
· Experience with HVAC/HVAC Engineering desired, including building controls and management systems.
· Effective face-to-face and virtual presentation, influencing, communicating, and negotiating skills.
· Succinct, clear technical and non-technical writing skills.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to provide sound and reliable judgment in business solutions.
· Sound business acumen, including resource management, cash flows, conflict resolution, and contract management.
· Ability to set up tasks, document and work collaboratively in an online team environment with local and global partners.
· Strong organization and planning skills including electronic file and email management.
· Advanced Excel, Word, SQL, Access, Outlook, Tableau use and programming skills.
· Experience with utility bill accounting software such as Abraxas’ Metrix Utility Accounting System or EnergyCAP.
· Experience with building energy simulation software programs such as Trane Trace, eQUEST, EnergyPlus, etc.
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 6060 Rockside Woods Blvd, Suite 400, Independence, OH 44131 USA