Manager Supplier Quality Engineering - HGAS Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
405 Barclay Blvd
Lincolnshire, IL 60069, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Leading a global team of Supplier quality engineers to satisfy Honeywell's quality standards and strategy in the manufacture of components and of new NPI projects for our Personal Protective Equipment business. Responsible for the broad-based Quality, performance and continuous improvement of global suppliers by developing standard work and systems needed to enable suppliers to perform at World Class levels.
- Create and implement standardized Global Supplier Quality strategies that are adoptable at Regional levels that align with Sourcing, Quality and ISC objectives
- Manage the day to day activities of direct reports, provide career roadmaps for each member of the global team
- Direct supplier qualification program eg: PPAP – production part approval process for New Product Introduction projects and re-qualify parts as part of supplier transition projects.
- Implement effective supplier assessment program to drive approval of new suppliers as well as monitoring and improvement of current suppliers for both raw material and finished goods.
- Work with your Supplier Development Engineering partners to ensure supplier strategies are executed to ensure compliance of supplier performance
- Be an expert on supplier quality tools - lead / assist with roll out, training and implementation of supplier quality tools for suppliers.
- Improve supplier performance in quality, delivery and price by conducting on-site assessments
- Lead activities within the commodity management team to improve supplier quality, delivery, and performance for direct material suppliers
- Liaison effectively with Quality team members, Commodity teams, Program Managers, Operations and Engineering leadership, to identify and fully satisfy requirements for supplier quality engineering activities at global factories.
- Ensure material and supplier readiness for all NPI products.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 + years of experience in a manufacturing and ISC environment
- 5+ years of Supplier quality engineering experience
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience in Electronics or Electromechanical field
- Due to contractual agreements, all applicants must be US Citizens
- Varied experience in diverse manufacturing technologies for products such as Electro-mechanical, Plastic/ rubber, leather and clothing industries
- Experience in the Automotive industry
- Significant experience directing and leading a global team
- Work in a multi-cultural, global and matrix environment to identify business process issues and implement effective improvement actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Significant project management experience
- Advanced Six Sigma knowledge and application
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Engineering tools and practices.
- Category: Procurement
- Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600, Charlotte, NC 28202 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.