Material Handler - Level 1 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
12220 Rojas Dr, Suite 300
El Paso, TX 79936, US
Integrated Supply Chain
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
The purpose of this position is to support all logistics operations in the performance of their assigned duties. Position ensures that Company/Department productivity and safety goals are met while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment. The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Spend 100% of time using Material handling equipment -Shipping, Receiving, and Production areas supporting all related activities and functions.
- Efficiently, accurately, and safely load outbound shipments, unload inbound shipments, move product, and stack/store products or materials using powered-equipment as defined by the process Work Instructions in support of all shipping, receiving, inventory control, and production support functions.
- Efficiently, accurately, and safely locate and place products in the appropriate storage areas as defined by the process Work Instructions.
- Efficiently and accurately enter all relevant System Inventory Transactions as defined by the process Work Instructions.
- Use appropriate forms/documentation to ensure all product and/or orders are received, transferred, picked, packed, staged, or shipped correctly and accurately as defined by the process Work Instructions.
- Efficiently, accurately, and safely pick, stack, package, band, shrink wrap, and label product(s) for Customer Orders using powered-equipment to fulfill customer demands as defined by the process Work Instructions.
- Verify products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies and ensure all quality control functions are processed as defined by the Work Instructions.
- Proactively engage in Daily work driving Continuous Improvements, and work in a Team environment performing to expectation and established standards.
- Follow escalation process.
- Wear all required PPE at all times, follow all safety standards and policies, and actively engage in the Company Safety Program
- Initiate and proactively participate in continuous process improvements.
- Maintain all assigned areas, equipment, and all required checklists (5S/Cell Risk/Equipment), ensuring they are completed daily and adhere to standards.
- Adhere to HOS, and Company/Departmental Policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
You Must Have
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 6+ months of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Bilingual with ability to read, write, & speak- English/Spanish preferred.
- Valid drivers license.
- General mathematic skills.
- Problem solving skills are a plus. (diagnosis and resolution)
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to use RF equipment.
- Ability to learn and use basic computer skills is preferred.
- Working knowledge of shipping, receiving, and material handling techniques or equivalent experience.
- Experience in inventory control and replenishment is preferred.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and follow step-by-step procedures.
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 12220 Rojas Dr, Suite 300, El Paso, TX 79936 USA
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.