Opto-Mechanical Designer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
303 Terry Fox Dr
Ottawa, ON K2K 3J1, Canada
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a Senior Opto-Mechanical Designer, you will be part of the dynamic team that is defining the next generation of Honeywell's optical products in space. You will leverage your CAD experience and skills to solve the exacting design challenges that define the new products we are creating as well as to upgrade or modify our existing technology. By collaborating with the vendor base and your engineering team(s), you will engage in the design, review and optimization process to ensure the quality of the engineering models and drawings used to deliver products against overall project cost targets and timelines.
- Working from requirements and guidance from the Engineering team, generate new, innovative and cost effective optical system designs for the Honeywell Space Optics team.
- Communicate with engineers, vendors, and project stakeholders to ensure that CAD models, drawings and documents accurately depict the necessary data.
- Create and maintain solid models of designs.
- Create and maintain engineering drawings, bills of materials and estimates.
- Review critical design aspects, dimensions, finishing, and drawing standards.
- Maintain system and product database by entering data.
- Provide guidance to vendor selection and production activities.
- Be active in evaluating designs and confirming that the hardware meets requirements.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Honeywell sites you will work within operate under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP). Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance and willing to submit to the required back ground checks.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Diploma from a recognized 3 year Engineering Technology program
- Minimum of 5 years of industry design experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in 3D CAD software such as CREO, NX, SolidWorks.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Build and Test fixturing experience (Opto-mechanical alignment and test fixturing experience)
- Understanding of Thermal Vacuum Testing and the associated setups.
- Vibration fixture design experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with aerospace related fields
- Ability to understand and create Optical Drawings (mirrors and Lenses)
- Courage to push boundaries and explore new solutions
- Perform in a compressed deadline environment
- Multi-tasking capable
- Good organizational skills and ability to understand and follow directions
- Experience working in partnership with suppliers and vendors
- Experience presenting designs to customers
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 303 Terry Fox Dr, Ottawa, ON K2K 3J1 CAN