PeopleSoft Supply Chain - Sr. App Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
9221 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64114, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
Leads highly complex or enterprise critical projects that require a diverse array of programming expertise. Is responsible for leading application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancement. Daily responsibilities include leading multiple, concurrent projects and/or support efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs installation, functional and performance testing, maintenance, and modification of vendor supplied software
- Demonstrates project management skills and may serve as a lead on IT projects
- Resolves highly complex computer security issues by designing, developing, and implementing innovative technical solutions
- Provides technical leadership both inside and outside their areas of responsibility while looking for ways to apply the latest technologies for improvements to software and organizational effectiveness
- Participates in planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and prioritize investments in process, people, services, and infrastructure
- Works closely with Technical Review Board and Enterprise Architects to assure all systems are in line with the long-term IT strategy
- Identifies enterprise information systems opportunities that align with corporate strategy and performance
- Proactively analyzes existing applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements
- May oversee or lead the evaluation and selection process for application packages
- Identifies system requirements, develops application specifications, leads conversion and migration efforts, and develops convergence plans toward standards
- Establishes liaison relationships with business partners and/or suppliers in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and influence strategic initiatives
- Assesses customer needs to determine alignment of unit/corporation business needs and the impact on business processes to establish strategic priorities
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- US Citizenship to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy ""Q""-level security clearance
- Five or more years of direct work experience developing and supporting PeopleSoft or equivalent ERP system
- Demonstrated Programming experience in various major programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, Python), and SQL
- Experience with the PeopleSoft development including PeopleCode, SQR, Application Engine, and COBOL SQL (preferred), XML Publisher, Query Manager, and Fluid Component Interface
- Proven ability to mentor peers to better results and identify appropriate training to improve team’s technical bench strength
- Demonstrated initiative to maintain technical currency
- Advanced skill in identifying and resolving technical problems and effectively communicating status
- Demonstrated Experience with the PeopleSoft development including: PeopleCode, SQR, Application Engine, and COBOL SQL Preferred, XML Publisher, Query Manager, Fluid, Component Interface
- Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Security and Supply Chain modules including Purchasing, eProcurement, Order Management, Supplier Contracts Management
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 9221 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64114 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.