Power Plant Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
10903 New Hampshire Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20903, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
FIELD SUPERVISOR/PLANT ENGINEER
Honeywell HBS is looking for a Plant Manager to provide leadership and oversee the long-term operation of a Central Utility Plant. As Plant Manager, you will support the Plant Operation Team, including any technical or logistical issues that may arise. This position will work closely with the Field Service Supervisors (Building Managers) on the Campus.
This position will oversee the (2) Central Utility Plants with requirements to provide ongoing operations and support for power, steam, and hot/chilled water utility generation and distribution. Understand the Maximo system to provide correct preventative maintenance programs and seasonal approach. Develop a Capex budget and Plant Operation budget.
As Plant Manager, you will provide leadership to the team with their responsibilities for operating the two existing Central Utility Plants and supporting all aspects of the Plant Operation. The successful candidate will be able to draw from previous HVAC, Steam and Plant Operation experience. This also would include the knowledge and understanding of the functionality of a Cogeneration Plant Operation.
Primary duties/accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and design new or recommended modifications to existing equipment and processes to improve safety, quality, reliability, capacity, costs and otherwise realize maximum return on investment of plant equipment and methods.
- Provide Plant support as required. Develop and recommend PM standards for equipment and facility, including buildings and grounds.
- Provide daily direction to plant operations personnel and subcontractors.
- Prime responsibility will be to provide leadership and solutions to Plant Operations.
- Develop and manage regular Preventive Maintenance programs for all plant equipment.
- Schedule and coordinate all Plant repairs, improvements, and overhauls.
- Maintain historical operating data and work with Measurement & Verification Team to analyze and monitor key parameters and maximize operating efficiency.
- Assist with troubleshooting and equipment overhauls.
- Monitor process conditions and operational activities and proposes corrective action as needed cost-effectively and efficiently.
- Analyze processes, develop new operation techniques, and recommend changes or capital expenditures.
- Implement and create new standard operation procedures (SOP) to better operations and provide a safer environment.
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading provider of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in the service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security, and energy management.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing and operating utility plants. Understands the operation of a Cogen plant and can give leadership direction on the implementation of corrective measures.
- Minimum 3 years experience with steam turbines and/or high-pressure boilers, 13.8 kV electrical generation and distribution, critical power systems or possess a First-Class Engineers license.
- Minimum 3 years experience with industrial Plant Control Systems to include ABB, Allen Bradley, or similar industrial platforms.
- Minimum 2 years reading and commenting on drawings and specifications, including process schematics and sequence of operations. As well as experience troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Proven successes in managing external engineering partners and implementing engineering improvements.
- Successful track record and a desire to work on a team in a fast-paced, growing industry and essential qualifications.
- Experience with all facets of plant operations.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Homeland Security Presidential Directive -12 (HSPD-12).
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 10903 New Hampshire Ave, Building 100, Silver Spring, MD 20903 USA