Principal or Lead Design Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
15001 NE 36th Street
Redmond, WA 98052, US
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Our business is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Our Platform Center of Excellence Electrical Design Team has immediate and upcoming needs for top-performing Lead Design Engineers who creates the hardware electronics that Aerospace runs on.
Help us create the world’s most advanced systems for essentially every subsystem you can imagine in commercial or military aviation, to space.
We are seeking someone who brings the right experience designing Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) for Electronic Solutions within Honeywell Aerospace.
In this visible, design and technical leadership role, you may be responsible for one or more of the following:
• Designing digital electronics circuits that implement guidance and sensor, video, and digital signal processing using configurable logic, homogeneous / heterogeneous multiprocessors, volatile and non-volatile memory, high speed transceivers, and industry interfaces and interconnects
• Supporting module and box level design efforts to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
• Designing analog/linear circuits including signal conditioning, data conversion (analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog), motor control, and navigation control and sensors.
• Designing high reliability power electronics, including DC-DC converters, filters, magnetics, control electronics, and thermal solutions
• Leading, developing, and motivating engineering teams responsible for the design and development of processing platform solutions that meet the evolving needs of our Aerospace market.
• Owns one or more complex Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) development assignments, including supporting system trades, setting and negotiating module requirements derived from system requirements, generating cost estimates, developing architectures, completing design, analysis, and testing in an engineering laboratory setting.
• Collaborate with global, multi-disciplinary team members of systems, software, IC design, and mechanical engineers.
• Partners to reach effective solutions to complex electrical engineering problems on a broad, diverse portfolio of designs for our products and systems.
• Solves complex design problems while meeting tight schedules with minimal supervision.
• Adapts to constantly changing work assignments and consistently making timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness in an ambiguous environment.
• Follow and tailor best design practices and guidelines to ensure efficiency on given project task while ensuring design compliance and producibility.
• This position may require occasional business-related travel within the US or globally.
Are you up for a new challenge?
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• 10+ years’ experience in digital, analog, or power supply hardware electrical design
• Due to export control regulations, this position requires US citizenship status.
• Master’s or PhD degrees in an engineering discipline.
• Experience performing and leading electrical hardware LRU and PBA level requirements development, preliminary and detailed design, design verification, and qualification spanning a high mix of moderately to high complexity defense and space products and systems.
• Knowledge of DO-254, Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware and DO178, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification.
• Experience designing with modern processing technologies and architectures including micro-processors and FPGAs, DDR and flash memories, high speed physical and wireless communication and interconnects, and interfaces to sensors and guidance electronics.
• Experience designing module or box level high reliability power electronics, including designs with various isolated and non-isolated DC-DC converters.
• Experience supporting box or module designs to ensure we meet the industry standards of EMI/EMC of RTCA DO-160, Boeing D6, Airbus ABD, MIL-STD 461, MIL STD-810 by reviewing and translating high level EMI/EMC requirements to the system and circuit level, creating control plans design guidelines, and testing methodologies, and developing simulation models for the analysis of interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility threats.
• Experience designing module level analog/linear circuits including signal conditioning, data conversion (analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog), motor control, and navigation control and sensors.
• Proficiency with Mentor Graphics Design Tools, (i.e. Experience utilizing Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES).Experience utilizing Mentor Graphics HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, and Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB) Mathcad, MS Excel, and LTSpice with demonstrated experience designing, simulating and analyzing and demonstrating design performance to requirements.
• Ability to generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design.
• Demonstrated experience performing and leading PBA and box level design verification and qualification.
• Knowledgeable in project estimation, planning, and cost and schedule management.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33764 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.