Principal R&D Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
20 Peabody St
Buffalo, NY 14210, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Advanced Materials is a global supplier of fluorine products, fine chemicals, additives, metals, films and fibers for products including pharmaceuticals, refrigeration, semiconductors and military protection. Advanced Materials is making the world safer, cleaner and enabling the modernization of a growing middle class by enhancing our customer offerings through a differentiated portfolio of chemistries, materials, value-added solutions and superior customer service. Our mission is to attract, retain and develop diverse and highly motivated, entrepreneurial employees striving to flawlessly deliver superior value to our customers every day.
Work in a highly innovative group to develop and evaluate future air conditioning and refrigeration applications. Responsible to lead key breakthrough projects in the areas of commercial and industrial refrigeration. Continuously evaluate not-in-kind technologies that may disrupt our key commercial products. Work with business colleagues identify new opportunities in the areas of air conditioning and refrigeration.
Key representative on air conditioning and refrigeration codes and regulations standards. Represent Honeywell in these codes and standards and update the broader team on new developments.
· Experience in Refrigeration codes and standards
· 5-10 years HVAC industry experience
· Intimate knowledge of the refrigeration and HVAC industry
· Ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams.
· Project management
· Risk Management
· Technical evaluation of internal and external offerings.
· Review internal and external IP
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Chemistry
· 5-10+ years experience
· Advanced degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
· Experience with ASHRAE, ISO, UL or similar organizations
· Experience troubleshooting refrigeration systems
· Knowledge or heat exchanger design
· Background in refrigeration systems modeling
· Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging problems
· Effectively operate in a matrix organization
· Experience working in global teams across time zones
· Track record of successful contribution to products & projects
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 20 Peabody St, Buffalo, NY 14210 USA