Process Engineer (MEIII, EEIII) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
6700 W 115th St
Overland Park, KS 66211, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position will be located in Kansas City, MO***
Job Duties :
- Assists in the design and/or project management of new and current products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment
- Develops manufacturing and measuring methods which designate tooling, gages, acceptance equipment, and processing procedures
- Coordinates product and acceptance equipment designs and ordering of testers, gages, and laboratory equipment to support production acceptance
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality
- Estimates set-up times, operating times, and flowtimes, as well as production and acceptance needs
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components. Supports and performs routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work to assure product manufacturability
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate manufacturing and inspection areas
- Analyzes processes, products, and records. Characterizes and implements proper controls on all processes
- Prepares manufacturing drawings and specifications
- Conducts audits to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to measure quality levels and trends. Interacts with design agencies, suppliers, and internal organizations to assist in resolving production, and acceptance issues
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, makes recommendations for and initiates improvements for product, test equipment, procedures, and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime. Evaluates opportunities for defect
- prevention based on standard or accepted technical practices and recommends preventive corrective actions
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality
- May perform other duties
You Must Have:
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Four (4) or more years of progressive, applied experience in engineering/technical activities, including application of mechanical engineering principles and technology
- Experience in assisting with the design of tools and acceptance equipment
- Experience in Work Instruction development
- Supported definition of and acquisition of tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality
- Experience estimating set-up times, operating times, and flowtimes, as well as production and acceptance needs
- Exposure to development of test procedures and performs routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work to assure product manufacturability
- Experience in preparation of evaluation reports, and analyzing discrepancies
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.