Production Patternmaker Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
#1 Innovation Ct
Dayton, OH 45414, US
Integrated Supply Chain
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell has an immediate opening for a Fashion Designer II to join our Dayton, OH Morning Pride structural firefighter protective garments manufacturing facility.
- Technical design/Patternmaking
- Provide sustaining technical design/pattern making support to US-based garment manufacturing.
- Design responsibility for customer option/garment customization requests.
- Build pattern models to meet garment specifications for existing product lines.
- Techpack creation and modifications.
- Work with manufacturing to establish and detailed best practices.
- Make appropriate recommendations in collaboration with peer teams on matters pertaining to specifications, patterns, construction methods, and techniques to improve the overall quality of the garment.
- Develop production ready patterns with drills and notches.
- Understanding of grading and alteration as applies to patterns.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- 5+years of experience in the apparel industry in a technical design or pattern making capacity
- 3+ years of experience with technical design or pattern making software, such as Gerber Accumark, or other pattern making software
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong understanding of garment construction standards and manufacturing methods
- Effective verbal and written technical communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Sketching utilizing Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of ergonomic design and its effect on manufacturability
- Time management skills
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the product manager
- Experience in PPE Gear preferred but not required
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: #1 Innovation Ct, Dayton, OH 45414 USA