R&D Engineer/Scientist II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
50 E Algonquin Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Engineer/Scientist II in the Modeling Development group within UOP's Research and Development organization located in Des Plaines, IL. This position affords a unique and visible opportunity to develop reactor and process models which are critical to the development and support of new process technologies from their inception in R&D through the commercialization stage.
• Support development project teams with process modeling capability to maximize the value delivered to clients by Honeywell's UOP technology.
• Ensure that UOP process technology offerings are competitive both in capital and operating costs via kinetic process models.
• Utilize commercial simulation software and kinetic modeling techniques to establish the basis for process design and optimization.
• Develop conceptual process models and apply to reaction engineering and process optimization of new process technology.
• Support the scale-up of technology from Research & Development into Engineering production.
• Build kinetic modeling capability for technologies in early stages of Development.
• Find solutions to technical problems, both individually and by supporting the efforts of diverse groups of skilled technical specialists for improvements.
You Must Have
• PhD in Chemical Engineering with 2 years experience in modeling, process simulation, process development or reaction engineering of refining, petrochemicals and /or gas processing applications.
• Experience and capability in statistics, experimental design, data analytics, and advanced parameter estimation and numerical methods.
• Familiarity with machine learning, data science tools and algorithms
• Excellent computer programming skills.
• Problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the capability to work across multiple functional departments.
• Knowledge of chemical engineering fundamentals including fluid flow, heat transfer, mass transfer and reaction engineering.
• Knowledge of UOP technologies: Refining/Petrochemicals/Gas Processing applications.
• Knowledge of Six-Sigma principles in the achievement of managing risk and uncertainty.
• The ability to travel both domestic and internationally approximately 10% annually.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA