Senior Advanced Project Engineer - Test Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
3333 Unity Drive
Mississauga, ON L5L 3S6, Canada
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Aerospace Mechanical Systems &
Components has an immediate opening for the newly created position of Sr
Advance Test Engineer within Controller Center of Excellence.
This is an exciting time in Honeywell's organization, and here is a great opportunity to showcase your technical skills as in test engineering and project management! This Engineering Test Lead will lead and manage the design, development, and implementation of test applications across multiple programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing specific team efforts in support of the program cost, schedule and performance goals and is required to provide technical authority for the assigned program(s) and to influence highly technical team to get results.
- Overall technical coordination of design and development activities within the test functions to ensure that all customer requirements are addressed.
- Management of the program plan including scope, schedule, cost, technical, resource and risk management. Establish and maintain detailed technical plans, estimates and schedules.
- Manage the solution definition process from requirements definition through design, development, validation & verification, and introduction to production, in accordance with Aerospace Engineering Processes.
- Program tracking and reporting (non-recurring and hardware cost, schedule, risks, and milestone accomplishments), using Project scheduling, reporting and financial management tools as appropriate.
- Leadership of internal and external design reviews, and technical co-ordination meetings
- Assure compliance and usage of existing Aerospace Engineering Processes
- Lead proposal preparations and act as proposal focal within the Test function
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Minimum of 3 years in project management including baseline management, earned value reporting and computer-based scheduling and reporting tools.
- Experience with Test Engineering Design Processes
- Proven track record developing test software and hardware
- Individuals who take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Individuals that assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations
- Effectively using data to make intelligent decisions
- Experience writing and presenting to Director and VP level
- PMP Certificate
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills in a global team environment.
- Strong management operating system that facilitates communication
- Strong problem-solving skills and paying attentions to details
- Agile methodology project execution is a plus
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3333 Unity Drive, Mississauga, ON L5L 3S6 CAN