Senior Cyber Security Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley)
Phoenix, AZ 85027, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Global Security (HGS) is focused on integrating security into all aspects of our business to protect the people, processes, and assets by which Honeywell achieves its greater mission. Join a team that is focused on identifying and protecting the information, processes, formulas, techniques, methods, and know-how critical to Honeywell’s competitive capability.
You'll collaborate with a wide variety of functions and disciplines across the entire portfolio of Honeywell’s products and services to identify what allows Honeywell to operate better and faster than the competition and ensure that competitive differentiation remains within the company. You will work with cutting edge information security applications, systems, and best practices enabling Honeywell to achieve world-class results.
The Senior Cyber Security Architect requires business acumen; technical acuity; and the ability to think, communicate and write at various levels of abstraction. Security architects are expected to advocate for security requirements and objectives, while ensuring that security architectures and practices do not impede the needs of the business. The security architect will be expected to evaluate new services, vendors, applications and security tools, among other items, from a technical perspective, and to translate the risk characteristics of these activities and functions into enterprise cyber risk terms.
In this key position, the Senior Cyber Security Architect will...
- Support a security architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology and threat drivers
- Define and design secure solutions with the primary tenants of Availability, Integrity and Confidentiality
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of security architecture artifacts (e.g., models, templates, standards and procedures)
- Serves as a security expert, helping project teams comply with enterprise security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Evaluates and develops secure solutions, based on approved security architectures.
- Review security technologies, tools and services, and make recommendations to the broader security team for their use, based on security, financial and operational metrics
- Participate in application and infrastructure projects to provide security-planning advice
- Coordinate with DevOps teams to advocate secure coding practices
- Liaise with other security architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights
- Analyzes business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Communicates security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff
- Provide technical analysis of existing and future security products and services
- Enable other functional areas to create and operate secure solutions
- Provide analysis of vendors and suppliers technical capabilities for services provided to Honeywell
- Participate in the technical evaluation and testing of hardware and software for possible impact on systems or data security
- Must have a desire for gaining new knowledge, behaviors and skills. Builds on and applies existing knowledge. Engages in learning from others, inside and outside the organization. Tries new approaches and broadens the scope of work to learn from work assignments.
- 10% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
YOU MUST HAVE
- 3+ years’ experience in a security field required
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, information systems, computer science, or a related technical field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance within the U.S.
- Master's degree in related field
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials
- Formal training in a relevant enterprise architecture methodology (such as SABSA, Zachman and/or TOGAF).
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills — the ability to conceptualize complex business and technical requirements into comprehensible models and templates.
- Business enabling perspective, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel.
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.