Senior Project Cost Control Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
9221 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64114, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position will be located in Kansas City, MO***
- Position will be a Sr PP&C Analyst supporting the Project Cost Controls team that monitors, evaluates, and analyzes project costs directly supporting weapons programs
- Applies project management, financial standards and processes in support of multiple projects and works closely with Project Leads, Control Account Managers and Program Managers to assist with scope, schedule, financial baselines, EAC's, forecasts, trend analysis and customer report
- Supports data and reporting for all types and levels of program and functional reviews (Division, Business Unit, Department)
- Provides leadership for the development, management, and communication of project plans to support programmatic deliverables
- Significant interaction with Program Managers, Projects Teams, P6 Analysts, IFMS Analysts and/or SROP personnel
- Analysis of project actuals, programmatic priorities, procurement status, resource availability, performance to baseline and applicable trends
- Ensuring near-term project forecasts are executable with current resources and long-term project forecasts show resource demand so business can hire in time to execute scope
- Assists Program Managers, Project Leads and IFMS Analysts in establishing future budgets, operating the project within authorized amounts and documenting changes to that budget via a Baseline Change Request
- Utilize IFMS and MicroStrategy systems to gather data required to manage project plans
- Be able to manipulate data to produce analysis that identifies adverse trends/variances and drives corrective behaviors
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment
- Travel up to 10%
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Accounting or technical field, may consider two years of directly relevant work in place of degree.
- Minimum 5 years overall related experience
Project management and financial controls progressively applied experience in an engineering or supply chain capacity including:
- Monitor, evaluate, and analyze project actuals (hourly, salary, material, travel, other) vs. forecast, budgets, or baselines
- Evaluate project cost details and provide informative analysis to project lead
- Manage IFMS forecast updates (make updates to live forecasts, review and approve WIF forecasts from Project Leads)
- Monitor project actuals for incorrect charging (labor, material, other) and support Project Lead in remediation
- Support project lead in project initiating, planning, executing and closing efforts (IFMS project ID setup, Charge number management (Open / Hold / Close) Project Task Agreement(PTA) / Control Account Plan Authorization (CAPA) development, reporting of project status, project closeout reports)
- Perform variance analysis and required reporting/communication
- Follow Baseline Change Management principles
- Solid understanding of Project Management and/or Project Controls methodology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication skills both orally and written
- Ability to work with multiple teams of people and inspire those teams to work together to reach a common goal
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 9221 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64114 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.