Solution Architect, Pricing Applications Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600
Charlotte, NC 28202, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
We are looking for a Solution Architect/Subject Matter Expert with solution design/architect experience in pricing software (PROS, Vendavo etc.), CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote), CRM and/or SAP Variant Configuration (VC). In this role, the individual will work closely with internal cross functional teams to develop robust, flexible and scalable solutions for various projects in addition to designing prototypes and developing proof of concepts. Responsibility also includes working closely with global resources for Enterprise Architecture, application development, integration support and optimization. This person will be responsible to innovate and take ideas from concept to implementation while providing leadership and direction to teams. This person will be responsible for the full system lifecycle from prototypes, requirements gathering and through implementation of solutions. This person will also apply subject matter expertise (on Pricing software, CRM and CPQ) to identify, develop, and implement techniques to deliver business outcomes.
- Core responsibilities would be to build and work on solution design, solution architecture, pricing solution architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof of concepts for current and future projects.
- Configuration of Pricing Rules Engine (PROS and Vendavo) to move manual excel based processes to pricing software and support the development of Price Waterfalls, Pricing Analytics and Pricing Rules.
- Configure pricing logic in pricing tool/software, recommend master data improvements, support training and develop change management plan.
- Primary focus will be a working on end-to-end project implementation life cycle of a Price Management and Optimization tool.
- Define detailed estimates for projects where Pricing, CPQ, SAP VC implementation, SAP ERP rollout and support engagement.
- Ensure solution is scalable and meets overall business requirements.
- Be recognized as a functional expert in Pricing domain and PROS software.
- Overall Technical lead on Projects - Conduct Solution Architecture reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution is scalable and meets customers' business requirements.
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and System Integrators to drive Pricing solution implementation.
- Guide technical team to deliver a flexible and scalable solution.
- Provide mentorship and supervise developers.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with cross-functional teams
- Become highly proficient in PROS Cloud Platform and it’s suite of products and recognized as an expert in the Pricing domain area
- Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Drive commonality in the Pricing platform across Honeywell enterprise. Liaise with Enterprise Architecture (EA) team to ensure solution alignment with Architecture standards.
- Partner with the Service and Operations Leader to manage ongoing operational support for the Pricing platforms using both internal and co-source resources.
- Serve as a liaison to the solution operations team(s) to document and facilitate successful implementation of solution
- Comfortable with large data sets and experience with Tableau or other data/pricing analytical tools would be a plus
- Develop pricing analytics to enable List Price, Discounting and Program optimization
- Advise and create methods to improve technical solution processes
- Align with enterprise-wide Agile teams and strong adherence to Agile cadence.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other IT or technical degree
- Minimum of 7 years IT experience in large enterprise IT environments
- 2+ year of experience with Pricing Tools (e.g. PROS/Zilliant/Vendavo/ SAP SD Pricing).
- 2+ years of experience architecting solutions in Pricing or CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote)
- Delivery lead / project leadership experience in managing multiple full life cycle pricing solution implementations
- Strong understanding and experience with Pricing software capability, SAP ERP and other system integrations like CPQ and CRM
- Strong understanding of core PROS/Vendavo out of the box functionality.
- Strong communication skills to be able to articulate solutions to IT/business stakeholders and conduct show and tell sessions.
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600, Charlotte, NC 28202 USA