Sorter Rebuild Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
US - Pennsylvania
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Intelligrated is seeking to fill the role of a Sr Sorter Rebuild Specialist based out of our West Chester, OH facility. This individual will be responsible for rebuilding and servicing sortation conveyor systems, most frequently over weekends, at customer facilities across North America. We are looking for someone with leadership potential that can grow into a working Site Lead. You will promote safety and efficiency while working against tight schedules to successfully teardown and rebuild sorting conveyor. You will develop knowledge of how a sorting conveyor operates and its critical role in warehousing automation and e-commerce. You will drive the knowledge-sharing mindset, methodology, and tools. You will develop Technical Support processes. You will ensure proper documenting and recording of all activity and communication. You will serve as the face of this critically important product – your ultimate goal is customer satisfaction.
Carry out the mechanical rebuild of Honeywell Intelligrated line sortation equipment
Carry out mechanical modifications and parts replacement on industrial machinery
Effectively delegate tasks within a work crew and serve as a shift lead on rebuild projects
Operation of industrial lifting equipment – crane, aerial work platforms (scissor lift), and forklift
Assist with estimating scope of work and proposal content for a desired solution
Team collaboration to promote collective growth of team skills and knowledge
Facilitate and/or support safety and weekly team meetings
Research, read and analyze existing equipment documentation – includes layout drawings, plan views, and electrical schematics
Write site/project status reports for internal leaders and Project Managers
Coordinate with subcontractors, vendors, the implementation team and other subject matter experts
Occasional support of assessments and new system commissioning
Occasional break/fix emergency support of sortation systems
YOU MUST HAVE
- High school diploma or equivalent in education / work experience
- Proficiency with common metal fabrication tools (drills, saws, grinders); strong mechanical/millwright skillset
- Ability to work long hours in a physically demanding role
- Ability to work autonomously and have strong work ethic
- Demonstrates leadership characteristics and ability to lead small teams
- Strong and experienced in reading and understanding of blueprints and schematics
- Strong computer/technical skillset – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), ability to navigate through programs on a smartphone or tablet
- Experience with/knowledge of writing site/project status reports
- Ability to coach, mentor and train other technicians
- Experience driving forklifts and cranes
- Experience working in a team environment, collaborating with peers and sharing knowledge and resources
- Customer facing experience
- Ability to travel up to 90% of work hours over weekends (typical time off is mid-week)
- Technical School and/or 2-3 years of industrial troubleshooting experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience in the industry or working with similar products
- Mechanical equipment aptitude, electrical skillset
- Interact well with people from various teams
- A positive, can do, want-to-learn attitude
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 6930 N Lakewood Dr, Tulsa, OK 74117 USA