Sr Account Manager - R&D/Pharma/Biotech Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
2525 W 190th St.
Torrance, CA 90504-6099, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future
Advanced Materials is a global supplier of fluorine products, fine chemicals, additives, metals, films and fibers for products including pharmaceuticals, refrigeration, semiconductors and military protection. Advanced Materials is making the world safer, cleaner and enabling the modernization of a growing middle class by enhancing our customer offerings through a differentiated portfolio of chemistries, materials, value-added solutions and superior customer service. Our mission is to attract, retain and develop diverse and highly motivated, entrepreneurial employees striving to flawlessly deliver superior value to our customers every day.
We are currently looking for a Sales Account Manager in California.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Sales Account Manager in the Honeywell Advance Material’s Research Chemicals business. Reporting to the North America Sales Manager, the Sales Account Manager will be responsible for business development of the Research Chemical portfolio of Burdick & Jackson, Fluka, Chromasolv, and Hydranal brands through multiple distribution, direct and e-commerce channels.
- Develop and grow key end-use markets for Research Chemicals expanded product portfolio.
- Maximize results, manage and develop new customer pipeline, and drive sales with key accounts as well as national and regional distribution channel partner.
- Position and sell Honeywell Research Chemical product value via lab supply distribution channels and direct customers.
- Identify applications for customers and leverage HON resources as a competitive advantage when selling products.
- Demonstrated high performance proficiency of key tools including: SFDC, sales pipeline/ key account management, MS Office, and pricing tools.
- Ability to monitor sales pipelines, track territory health, identify gaps/opportunities, and execute strategies to meet Sales goals.
- Ability to execute commercial strategies within a cross functional team matrix environment to meet customer requirements in a timely manner and achieve Sales goals.
- Responsible for Sales Region comprised of 10 States in Western US.
- Travel 50% of the time. (Some travel will be by car and some by air, preferably will have local access to an airport)
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3+ years of commercial experience selling solutions to the scientific community in biopharma, life sciences, industrial research / laboratory industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science discipline highly preferred
- Preferred minimum 3-5 years of experience selling through a lab supply distribution structure
- Successful track record in managing/growing large/diverse market segment territories
- Proven record of meeting or exceeding sales targets via existing account planning and penetration and new pipeline sales
- Experience driving new business pipeline – updating weekly call reports & closing monthly
- Position Honeywell product sales through product / application knowledge and ability to build strong multi-level relationships with customers and distributors
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently in a cross functional team environment and excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Superior time management for multiple competing priorities, planning skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and SFDC tools along with strong data analysis skills
- Category: Sales
- Location: 230 Vista Park Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15205 USA