Sr. Advanced Semiconductor Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
12001 State Highway 55
Plymouth, MN 55441, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a team that designs, verifies, integrates and tests complex microfabricated products within Honeywell Aerospace. Develop cutting-edge technologies in the field of micro-electrical and micro-optical mechanical systems (MEMS and MOEMs) fabrication for Honeywell Aerospace's Advanced Technology division. Work with highly skilled engineers and technicians in a state-of-the-art process lab developing and characterizing new sensors for aerospace applications. Contribute to business growth by proposing new research ideas and exploring innovative process techniques. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of materials and fabrication on silicon wafers, will effectively be able to lead a team of process lab technicians, and will have intimate knowledge of the workings of the machinery which comprise a process lab.
You will develop new products and processes in support of the organization's business strategies in cutting edge technology development. Use wafer fabrication experience and skills for new business opportunities, products and processes in an R&D environment. Areas of concentration will include process integration and metrology specific to micromachining such as DRIE, ICP etching, PECVD, LPCVD, wafer bonding, lithography, ALD, electroplating, CVD & PVD techniques, profilometry, ellipsometry, SEM and others.
- Document, analyze and interpret complex microfabrication problems, provide solutions and oversee execution
- Design and interpret high quality experiments to improve micro-fabrication processes and capability
- Monitor and analyze metrology and parametric and probe data to fix yield, performance and reliability issues
- Collaborate with technicians, design, manufacturing and budgeting teams to provide creative solutions to meet product requirements and enhance technology readiness of an ever-evolving advanced technology portfolio
- Propose novel products, devices, and solutions to meet R&D costumer’s requirements
- New Process Development
- Troubleshoot Existing Process
- Bring New Equipment Online
- Support Business Growth with New Project Proposals
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Electronics, Material Science, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry Engineering
- 5 years hands-on experience in wafer micro-fabrication techniques
- Ph.D. or Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Electronics, Material Science, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry Engineering
- Proficiency with data analysis and statistical techniques
- Experience managing a project
- MEMS and/or CMOS fabrication experience
- Experience with integrated waveguides and photonic elements
- Experience in leading a team of skilled process lab technicians
- Knowledge of photolithography layout tools such as L-edit
- Experience with DRIE and other etch and deposition tools
- Wafer probing, sawing and bonding experience
- Experience in electroplating
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in writing proposals and presenting in front of customers
- Proven track record of success in an R&D environment
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 12001 State Highway 55, Plymouth, MN 55441 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.