Sr Advanced Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
13350 US Hwy 19 N
Clearwater, FL 33764, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in ground breaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation. This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone – today and tomorrow.
Honeywell’s Aerospace Platforms Center of Excellence has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Senior Software/Firmware Engineer. This role involves low level SW development of board support packages, including RTOS integration, device driver development and debugging of HW and SW in the development on aerospace electronic systems. We create the systems that support application level engineering for products such as guidance and navigation, satellite payload processing and mission computers.
You will work with the team that brings the electronics hardware up and provides the low-level software to the product COEs for application teams to develop their applications on. Your work will extend to every product in the entire electronics world of aerospace.
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be instrumental in designing, planning and coordinating work teams, as well as providing technical support. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities. You will interface and exchange with internal and external customers, vendors and suppliers throughout the life of the project.
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for!
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science-focused line of study
- 7+ years of Embedded SW Development Experience (Full life cycle)
- Due to ITAR restrictions must be US citizen
- Currently hold or can obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Strong experience with Embedded RTOSs, such as VxWorks®, Linux, Integrity®, Deos™
- Strong experience in networking and computer communications
- Strong Aerospace embedded software development experience
- C & C++ language experience
- Assembly language experience
- SW verification and certification experience
- Experience with DO-178 B/C
- Understanding various software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
Analytical skills & software development skills
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33764 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.