Sr. Advanced Systems Engineer - Firmware Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
715 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30308, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Buildings Technologies (HBT) is looking for a talented Systems Engineer- Firmware who can make intuitive high-level decisions for SW/FW/HW development and back that up with a rationale. In this role, the Systems Engineer- Firmware will see the big picture and build architectural approaches for product design and implementation to guide the development team and share high-level systems view to marketing teams.
- Collaborating with other professionals to resolve functional and non-functional requirements for new systems or solutions
- Use tools and methodologies to build representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Deliver across the entire system life cycle concept, design, build, deploy, test and release
- Work directly with developers, testers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
- Ensure product meets all non-functional requirements of quality, security, reliability, scalability, performance, etc.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in building automation technologies
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team, stakeholders and non-technical audiences
- Lead all aspects of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching to developers and engineers
- Develop products and solution for Healthy Building Initiative, to improve air quality and space health
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of professional experience in software/firmware development or system engineering in a multi-disciplinary system that includes firmware, software and communication protocols (wired or wireless)
- 5+ years of hands-on coding experience in C language for firmware development involving embedded systems
- Strong knowledge of software/firmware design and architecture and designing for quality attributes requirements of the system
- Knowledge of cyber security and developing secure products
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong sense of ownership and drive; someone who is self-motivated and can work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done
- Experience with wireless protocols like Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, etc.
- Experience working with ARM microcontroller and RTOS like FreeRTOS, etc.
- Domain knowledge of Building Management Systems and HVAC systems
- Understanding of hardware design principles
- Agile, scaled Agile or Scrum experience
- Knowledge of air filtration and disinfection technologies like UV-C
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA