Sr Data Quality Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
9221 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64114, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
The Data Quality Analyst will perform key analytical and data research functions. The Data Quality Analyst is responsible for investigating, understanding, and executing on the discovery and remediation of data integrity issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit and analyze multiple databases, and perform in-depth research, root-cause analysis and proactive data monitoring for data quality issues
- Primarily on data extraction, data and root cause analysis, data life-cycle documentation and documentation of remediation options, and propose solutions in collaboration with Data Owners and other business or IT teams
- Maturing the data quality practice to the next level and extending the coverage of the practice to new domain area
- Work with data source systems and target systems to identify data issues, data gaps, identify and recommend solutions
- Audit and analyze data profiling and identify efforts needed to clean-up urgent data issues to make critical data trustable
- Identify the gaps causing data quality and data integrity issues, review system, make necessary changes and/or set new policies / processes
- Implement and monitor changes that will prevent Data Quality issues
- Develop and implement data quality tests/assessments with tracking system for
- continuous improvement
- Create, define, and maintain data life-cycle quality process representing data elements across multiple upstream and downstream systems
- Define best practices, policies and procedures to maintain the data quality /performance testing
- Partner with the business data owners and analytic stakeholders to establish metrics for data quality process assessment
- Act as liaison between the business leaders, technology teams and support teams
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline (e.g., Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or Economics)
- 5+ years work experience in data management, data quality or business applications function
- A Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
- Project Management Materials, Customer, or Vendor Management in SAP
- Strong understanding and ability to apply proven data quality techniques and methods; deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and the common pitfalls of data analysis
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certificate
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 9221 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64114 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.