Sr. Director Business Development - Sustainability Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
50 E Algonquin Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016, US
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
We don’t just sell things. We offer solutions to tomorrow’s challenges!
Our sales approach begins by identifying customer demands before they become challenges. We’re committed to delivering customer success through our comprehensive expertise in plastics circularity.
Network with industry leaders and build relationships to facilitate expanded sales opportunities. You will influence Performance Manufacturing Technologies (PMT) request for proposal (RFP) requirements, develop prime/subcontractor options and teaming strategies, develop value propositions and win themes, and create pricing strategies. You will have a passion for industrial markets and products, and an ability to communicate with technical professionals.
Sustainable Technology Solutions is a critically important growth area for Honeywell overall, one that has attracted especially strong interest from investors. The mission of STS is to develop and commercialize new technologies that meet the growing demand for sustainable solutions to the world’s rising energy needs. It will be a fast-learning organization that tests new ideas for commercial viability and quickly develops them as new businesses. It will use UOP’s technology leadership to collaborate with other commercial entities and government and research organizations to invent new sustainable energy ecosystems. We fully expect this new team will accelerate development of critical new technologies that will advance environmental sustainability, contribute to the expansion of UOP’s technology portfolio and accelerate its long-term growth.
- Build a new minimum viable business for UOP (considering both organic and inorganic options)
- Follow Z21 approach to rapid innovation and market testing
- Lead continuous market research and prospect/customer engagement
- Identify most critical assumptions for success and value - take rapid validation actions
- Deliver against quarterly milestones
- Specific priorities and responsibilities will vary by your respective Program (Ex: JDA and M&A); large partnership contract negotiation to select the best partner from a small pool; outline minimum viable offering and go-to-market approach and test top options with prospective customers; etc.)
- Continually engaging with the market to prove/disprove key assumptions that advance your proposed business model toward first revenue.
- Identifying critical barriers to successful business advancement and working to overcome them
- Thinking even bigger … and making it happen, being courageous, and acting with determination
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of leading and influencing diverse, cross-functional teams globally
- 5+ years’ in new product launch experience
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Engineering or Business
- Ability to drive business decisions across the business teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the components of an Activator (i.e. Bias for Action) and Achiever (i.e. Strength Finders)
- Driven to be adaptable and embrace change
- Self Assurance with a strong inner compass to guide yourself to the right direction
- Curiosity and the desire to be a life-long learner
- Category: Business Development
- Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA