Sr. Director, Executive Compensation Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600
Charlotte, NC 28202, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
This is one of two positions in the Corporate Compensation and Benefits Center of Excellence that support senior leadership and the SBGs with all aspects of executive compensation for Honeywell’s top 600 executives.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Global Compensation function and the SBG Compensation Leads and senior leadership on the execution of day to day activities and on related projects and analysis and providing recommendations for CEO approval.
This position will also provide support and participate in reviews with the Senior Vice-President Human Resources, Chief Human Resources Officer as well as the independent compensation consultant for the Board of Directors.
A successful candidate for this position should be able to balance competing priorities, have strong analytical and technical skills, and have collaborative, customer centric interpersonal skills to work effectively with other Honeywell professionals and senior management to deliver thoughtful recommendations and solutions. A candidate for this role should be detail oriented to ensure accuracy, but also have the ability and business acumen to adjust presentations and recommendations to a level suitable for the targeted audience.
- Attain a complete working knowledge of Honeywell’s executive compensation policies and processes and serve as point of contact for assigned business units
- Assist the SBGs and VP, Compensation and Benefits COE in the analysis and preparation of competitive senior E-band offers.
- Prepare equity buy-out analysis and recommendations for external offers.
- Coordinate survey participation for Executive job market pricing – work with Global comp. leads to maintain current local market data.
- Participate in planning and preparation of annual bonus and long-term incentive pool recommendations and support for presentation to the CEO.
- Understand market trends and requirements of external influencers and shareholders.
- Support the preparation of meeting materials for Management Development and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors (6+ annually)
- Support approach and drafting of the executive and director compensation sections of the annual Proxy statement for shareowners (including accumulation of data and preparation of tables used in proxy).
- Assist with the design, administration and communications regarding the annual incentive plan, long-term Performance Plan and long-term equity awards (stock options and restricted stock units).
- Assist businesses with executive severance events.
- Work with the law department to ensure that the executive compensation programs are legally compliant
- Coordinate with staffing and SBG compensation leads on non-competition requirements for new hires or moves into protected jobs.
- Direct approval process for executive level policy exception and retention requests
- Work with HRS/ IT to maintain executive data in PeopleSoft. Understand and utilize available HON HR systems
- Own certain ongoing administrative processes, such as processing awards through payrolls or HRS teams (annual bonuses, SERP lump sums, severance payments, retention payments, imputed income, cash sign-on payments)
- Provide support and backup to the Manager of Global Stock Plans on equity administration and reporting requirements
- Provide support to Senior Director, Exec Comp with Shareowner outreach efforts
- Other executive compensation duties as required
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years’ experience in a Compensation or role with exposure to executive compensation.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- MBA desired
- Executive or Global Compensation experience required, preferably including a working knowledge of technical areas impacting executive compensation (equity compensation, market pricing, governance, trends
- The candidate must have the ability to: Influence peers as well as senior management; Take ownership of responsibilities and work in a self-directed environment; Manage multiple priorities; Communicate well orally and in writing; Analyze data, draw conclusions and make a compelling case for recommendations; Handle ambiguity.
- Sensitivity to customer needs with good interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with focus on accuracy and execution.
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Good business acumen and intellectually curious
- Category: Human Resources
- Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600, Charlotte, NC 28202 USA