Sr. Director Program Management Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
715 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30308, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT) is a strategic business unit within Honeywell Buildings. HBT innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in commercial fire systems and commercial security products. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge HBT technology all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
The Sr. Director will lead a team of project managers leading global projects across diverse business and functional areas to strategically transform HBT’s infrastructure and business processes to operate in ways which are more effective and efficient. These projects span across businesses and geographies. You will be in a visible position that requires direct interaction with peers and leaders across businesses and functions.
Increase your business acumen while applying your knowledge to effectively manage complex projects. Join the team that helps improve processes and drive business performance. Take the business owner’s view assuming ownership and accountability across multiple functions and phases of business transformation.
A successful candidate will:
· Manage a large portfolio of projects to ensure on budget, on schedule delivery of operational and financial benefits.
· Work with Business Operations leadership and the team as well as partners and stakeholders across all HBT businesses, regions, and functional areas to enhance Business Operations project management function.
· Develop and lead a strong, high performance team to deliver business goals.
· Understand the overall vision for the organization and translate that into actionable plans.
· Lead change in a complex, matrix organization.
- Provide expertise and insight to guide and advise the key stakeholders.
- Leverage business acumen and teamwork skills to develop project budgets, schedules, risk assessments and mitigation plans for projects.
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders and leadership, including the delivery of status reports, and other updates to multiple levels of the organization.
- Take accountability for the success of the project, identifying help needed, and creating confidence during difficult projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Business, or a related field
- 10 years minimum project or program management experience
- 10 plus years Strong team leadership and talent development
- 5 plus Proven track record of leading change in a complex, matrix organization
- Knowledge of fundamental program / project management principles; Project Management Professional (PMP) or related certification
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional environment
- Solid presentation and oral and written communication skills with proven ability to influence
- Expertise with Microsoft Office including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively manage priorities
- Improving performance, meeting commitments, and getting results
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision.
- Ability to foster good relationships, work independently and in collaboration with global teams
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA